1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yet another Jazz PUP´s question...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RONQUITO, Feb 21, 2008.

1. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    :meh:

OK, there are enough threads about J Bass pups, but i guess i´ll have to take some flamin´if i have to....

I´m going from EMG´s in one of my Jazzes to Seymour Duncan antiquity II´s, what should i expect Tone and Volume wise? :help:

(There is a fantastic sticky thread about Jazz PUPS posted by SMASH, i got the SD Antiquity Jones by reading it).

I just want to hear the experiences from people who has done the exact same PUP swap.

Thanks in advance...:cool:

2. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    WOW....i guess i behaved like a TROLL asking that question!!!

(concealed BUMP)

3. Dont "fret". This forum is less traveled and it is a very specific question.

4. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    I'm just about to do that exact swap tomorrow in a '77 jazz i've bought. You are going to go from a modern, bright 'active' slightly compressed sound, to an overwound, punchy vintage tone... i think... ask me tomorrow :)

5. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    O.K...what did you find with your SD Antiq II's ?

6. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Me? pretty much what i said :) punchy growly vintage tone