Yet Another Member Joining the Avatar Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WillCO, Apr 15, 2005.

1. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    I just placed my order for an Avatar B210 Neo and an SB112. I expect I will use each of them alone now and then, and both of them together now and then. I'll be keeping my eyes on that replacement crossover thread I saw today.

I also bought an Ashdown MK500 from Dave while I was at it. I had been looking at a few different amps, but I've been a Mark King fan for so long I just couldn't help myself. Plus, Dave really does cut a good deal on amps if you order speakers from him at the same time.

Should get them next Tuesday or so. I will report back.
  2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Heh, I just picked up an SB112 on ebay this week, and I'll be getting a 210NEO this month too. Good choice, eh? From speaker graphing, it looks like they'll play nicely together.
  3. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    It does seem like they will work well together. Plus, if I had gotten a 115 instead of the 112, I just doubt I would ever use it alone. I think the 112 will make a real nice single cab for upright bass, if and when I get one of those.

4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I just got my Avatar B212 today. I'll be testing it soon, once I buy a speaker cable.
  5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I got mine a few days ago. It's sounding really good, but I did notice a little muddiness when I turned down the tweeter to a more acceptable level of hiss, etc. I think the crossover upgrade from the other thread might help with the tweeter issue and really turn this cab into a tone MONSTER! :) I'm still fiddling with the settings on my amp, though.

In any case, MUCH better tone than my old Hartke 410XL, by a MILE. :D