Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yet Another Member Joining the Avatar Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WillCO, Apr 15, 2005.

1. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    I just placed my order for an Avatar B210 Neo and an SB112. I expect I will use each of them alone now and then, and both of them together now and then. I'll be keeping my eyes on that replacement crossover thread I saw today.

I also bought an Ashdown MK500 from Dave while I was at it. I had been looking at a few different amps, but I've been a Mark King fan for so long I just couldn't help myself. Plus, Dave really does cut a good deal on amps if you order speakers from him at the same time.

Should get them next Tuesday or so. I will report back.

2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Heh, I just picked up an SB112 on ebay this week, and I'll be getting a 210NEO this month too. Good choice, eh? From speaker graphing, it looks like they'll play nicely together.

3. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    It does seem like they will work well together. Plus, if I had gotten a 115 instead of the 112, I just doubt I would ever use it alone. I think the 112 will make a real nice single cab for upright bass, if and when I get one of those.

Enjoy!

4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I just got my Avatar B212 today. I'll be testing it soon, once I buy a speaker cable.

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I got mine a few days ago. It's sounding really good, but I did notice a little muddiness when I turned down the tweeter to a more acceptable level of hiss, etc. I think the crossover upgrade from the other thread might help with the tweeter issue and really turn this cab into a tone MONSTER! :) I'm still fiddling with the settings on my amp, though.

In any case, MUCH better tone than my old Hartke 410XL, by a MILE. :D