yet another new bass post....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Goretopsy, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    after a standard trip to guitar center i saw it here and felt compelled to buy it. its a used Yamaha BB5000 (black with gold hardware) with a bartolini "J" in the bridge and the stock "P" still in the neck slot, souds really nice and im still getting used to the feel of the neck (its really weird the B on it is nice and firm above the pickups but on the fretbord about the middle upper frest 2-6 it seems to be looser than the other strings {i dont know if thats common, all i know is it dosnt feel that loose on my 4's or my 6) but back to the bass its really nice im quite happy with it so far it plays really fast which is nice since ive been doing alot of pick playing lately, but my only complaints are the eq seems tobe a little raspy when i turn the bass pot so i might put a new emg preamp in it, and the tuners turn too loose for my liking so ill probably replace those (so if anyone has a BB5000 or simaler bass and they know the tuning key hole size or a replacement for them it would be greatly apreciated) and thats about all my rant for now ill try to get a pic up if anybody cares to see it (not like its rare. exotic or special looking, pretty standard) and that it, now back to playing.
  2. Congrats and welcome to the Yamaha family.

I've got a BBG5A, transparent blue, quilted maple, gold hardware. the B string on mine is nice and tight all the way. Mine has dual J pups. Yamahas are excellent basses for the money.
  3. Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    deffinatly ive always like the look and feel of yamaha basses my first bass was a rbx250 (or somthing along those lines) but i really like that bass in fact i still got it after 5 years of abuse the thing is like a very light little tank. im looking to get a fretless (yamaha most likely) any suggestions from anyone (preferably 5 string and under $500)
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

Dude, that whole thing is two sentences.

Welcome to the exciting world of punctuation. Meet my friend, the period. It looks like this- .

He can be your friend too, if you give him a chance and use him once in a while.

hehehe... just kidding.
    I was bored so I decided to ream someone. Nothing personal. It's just a joke.:D

BTW- congrats on your new bass. Hope it makes you happy!
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What the heck does loks like mean, anyway?
  6. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    dude! :eek::confused:

7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sigh...I can't take you ANYWHERE, ND...
  8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Dude, that is so wierd.

No joke. What I am about to say is totally true. No BS.

Tonight, I went to the deli, got some bagels, tomato, onion and lox. I had lox bagels for dinner tonight. For the first time in years, I had lox bagels for dinner, and you posted that picture when I was out getting them.

That is so wierd...
    (I am a little scared)

No joke...

I swear...

I'm scared...