Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yet another PC problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Jul 13, 2004.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Right, straight to the point. The taskbar on windows xp doesnt work. The bit where it has the time and date, it has nothing else. it normally has Messenger, Winamp, my wireless netowork card settings, F-prot antivirus thing and ATI Hydravision sign. It's all gone! I haven't used this laptop for ages. the last thing i downloaded was a "the office" screen saver, but i didn't think that would do it because it was from the BBC. Is it something to do with a registry key setting?
    Any help apreciated.

2. Right click the taskbar, and go to properties. In the Properties window that opens up, make sure the checkbox at the bottom labeled "Hide Inactive Icons" is unchecked. Let me know if that does the trick...

3. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I go to click the button, but it is all filled over in like grey. Meaning i cannot change the settings. But the status of the box even though i cant change it is not to hide the inactive icons.

4. Next thing I would try is a reinstall of WinXP. It seems WinXP will need to be reinstalled about once a year anyhow.