Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yet another route to great SansAmp tone!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Mar 6, 2003.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    For those that felt the 600 watt Landmark 600 was too much:

[​IMG]

Landmark 300

2. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    i'm jelous!..
    anyone try this puppy yet?

i really want to know how that mid-shift sounds.. whats the mid freq range span?.. does the shift allow you to open/close your mid range or actually set the mid frequency? (hope that makes sence)

I wish the rbi had a mid freq shift (semi/parametric eq for the mid range).. I'm thinking about trying something like a parametric eq to match up with the rbi.. I love the fattness of the rbi, it's just missing something (for me anyways)..

anyone have any sound clips of the landmark 300 or know of a song which would give a good example of what that mid shift can do?

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    From what I can see, the mid shift is just a semi-parametric EQ. In other words, you can choose which midrange frequency you want to boost or cut. It's a bit blury but it looks like 125hz to 3k.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Pete, I think you're right about the mid-range numbers. I was looking at one today in the store. very flexible for tone options! you can also combine BOTH eq circuits for one monster tone option!

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    NB, I tried the 300 and I think it works great for tone. maybe a little weak on all out power, but good tone for low to moderate monitoring situations. I'd get one to replace my RBI/SWR bass 350 rig anyday, if I had the money. The midshift works on the 2nd channel, that channel was what I preferred for tones. mids worked great with my pbass and aguilar 112s.