1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

yet another "show your bass(es) thread...": Show your CB Basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Oct 25, 2006.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I have recently started gassing for a CB bass after seeing the new ad in BP for the performance series. Since I don't have that type of money, I figured I would live vicariously through you lucky owners of these fine instruments.

His basses look so good I might one day order the single cut....and I usually don't like single cut basses.

one day....:crying:

:D

-edit-

and I did try a search, but "CB Bass" was too short of a search term to pull up anything. Maybe he needs to change it to CB* Bass so that TB can search for the name :D

2. Matt Power

Matt Power Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    I have the one that's on the 1st page of his site (amboyna burl/birdseye maple, etc), and used to own the 4 string with a mesquite burl top on his gallery page.
    I'd post the pics, but alas, being the technologically challenged tree slug I am, cannot figure it out.
    Anyone here want to help a bass brother out and post the pics from Cliff's site?

By the way, the Amboyna bass is the HEAT! Carey N checked it out, and he was diggin' it, as well as Stew! If anyone hasn't heard Stew play, you should. REALLY a tasty player who's chock full o' chops!

3. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    if the pic is already online:

right click and go to properties (at bottom of the list). find the address, left click and drag to highlight ...he info, I'll have to go check them out again

4. Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    d-050720-f1.jpg

cue the orchestra.....THE CAVEMAN HAS MADE FIRE!!!!!!!!!

5. Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    d-060100-ff.jpg

WWWHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I can post pics!!!
    (Everyone pats the imbecile on the head.....:D )

Both killing basses, but I kept the Amboyna 'cause I'm a J-kinda guy.

6. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I was going to post the "I have made fire" clip from Tom Hanks in Cast Away, but unfortunately couldn't find it...it's the thought that counts

my "dream CB": modern neck, not sure about body woods but definitely a matching headstock, audere 4 band preamp, nordstrand dual coils w/ coil taps, 34" scale although I might try a 32" scale if the B string still had sufficient tension. I would think even a 32" B from cliff would sound good.

more pics...I know there are other owners out there

:bassist:

7. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Jacochops took care of my posting. Thanks bro (for letting it go. ;) ).

It's freakin' amazing!

8. Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    That mesquite bass sets the bar pretty high, doesn't it? Glad you're digging it!! It's got this fatness in the mids that's pretty addicting!! Really a "woody" sounding bass.
    My new amboyna bass just slays. I had it up at Nordstrand's shop a couple of weekends ago, and we A/B'd it with my new F bass....as freakin' AMAZING as the F is, the CB has something that is so "right" with it, that it has me reaching for the CB more often. Now don't get me wrong, the F is just about as good as it gets, but Cliff's bass is magic, pure and simple.

....and it doesn't hurt that he's a real gentleman and easy to work with!!

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant...:eek:

Go, Matt!
    :D

10. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    bass002.gif
    bass006.gif
    bass008.gif

11. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    well, I'm not in the same league as the rest of you guys, but playing this CB makes me feel like I could be. I cannot get over how fantastic this bass plays! Truly unreal. I never realized that you could actually play a bass above the 15th fret.

The dual coils are perfect for me too since I tend to want more booty than single coils can give. The tone is fat and clear and the preamp works beautifully with it.

I'm hooked and it won't be going anywhere.

[​IMG]

12. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington

What's the top wood on yours, Michele? I love the color and simlicity. Makes all the more beautiful :smug:

13. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Glad you like it, Lokire!
    It's bloodwood.