yet another stingray color question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zjarrett, Dec 9, 2000.

1. Zjarrett

Sep 17, 2000
    Sorry I know there was one recently, but this is of a different nature. I'm looking for a spot on the web that displays Ernieball/MM Stingrays in a ton of different colors, kinda like the old Lakland site or the Carvin site. Im pretty sure I know what i want but seeing other choices would be good, if no one knows then I'm forced to ask the simple question:
    With a tortoise pickguard, which would look better the white or the blond? (planning on the rosewood/darker neck)
    I'm just baffled, every musicstore I've been too hasn't had a white or a blond stingray period; just black and pink.
  2. I'm about to get a stingray and had the same problem. I don't know if there's a site like you're talking about, but here's a place that has a lot of different basses with pics, but only like 3 or 4 stingrays.
    I think these may be kind of like you're talking about:
  3. Zjarrett

Sep 17, 2000
    Thanks, BassNW is a great site and I visit there frequently looking for good stuff, but in terms of just vanity, they dont have a good scrapbook of basses that arent for sale, just showing off color combos. The two basses shown aren't exactly what I'm looking for, IMO the Trans. Gold just looks cheap. The Blonde is more an antique white that offish color thats close to white but different in a way, if i find an example ill post it i guess...till then, thanks
  4. ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Man. That trans green looks like a rag used for cleanup on the Exorcist set!!
  5. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  6. Mr.Writer

Dec 10, 2000
    Hey! i've got a trans green stingray. very nice too.
    yeah i got it in that colour partly because every1 hates it and i wanna be different. (i also removed the pickguard)
  7. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    OK buddy. I was just wonderin' :)

The whole color thing is entirely subjective anyways.
    It's what appeals to YOU, for whatever reason.
    I used to get nothin' but natural finishes. My reasoning
    was they had to use a better hunk of wood `cause they
    couldn't hide knots, etc.

Some gal (bunny?) has 26 pages and counting of what SHE considers "amusing" basses.

Reminds me of that line from the Mel Brooks movie "History of The World"