Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yet another strange eBay auction

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kelvin, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    Singapore.
    Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1515460539

On paper, a seemingly good deal if you're technically inclined enough to reroute the bass and make the necessary cosmetic changes.

Was wondering if anyone can offer an educated guess as to why the previous owner choosed to mess with a very well made instrument. :confused:

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Curiosity killed the cat... Or the bass, in this case. :D

3. vandals! [​IMG]

I really don't understand why someone would do such 'modifications' to such a great and beautifull bass, if you want a bass to mess around with get a Squire or something like that, some people I just can't understand.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Taking out a Bart pup to replace it with a Carvin??:rolleyes: Isn't that kind of taking a step backwards?

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Ryan, I think that's more of a "leap" backwards than a step. :D

6. Kelvin

Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    Singapore.
    That's the bit that really surprised me.

I'd imagine tha someone who was competent enough to make the mods, whilst taking the trouble to make the little cosmteic cover-ups (matching maple covers and blocks for the jazz p/u) would know better than to replace a Bart with a Carvin.

:rolleyes:

7. I am a carvin owner, and I don't mind the carvin pickups much, but even I can't understand what his motive was on this one, generally you would want a bart in there,,,,enless he took the bart out for another bass, and bought a carvin pickup???