1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yet Another UGLY BASS eBay find --

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeremy Crockett, Jun 18, 2007.

1. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Well, as usual, to each his own......but not my cup 'o tea.....I guess it would have fit right in back in '67 or '68, though...

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    By the look of that bass, it is not very convincing. The photo shows it is very rusty. Definite sound bad

3. I think its awesome

and it seems really well done. I mean, its chipped, but it looks professional.

Its even got the yellow submarine glove on the back!

If it was a fender, I'd buy it, start a psychedelic band.

4. fryBASS

fryBASS

Aug 8, 2006
    New Haven, CT
    its cool, I just dont like the headstock. kinda ruins it for me

5. I think it looks great, headstock notwithstanding (too '80s for me).

6. brisonic

brisonic

Jan 1, 2006
    san diego
    man that thing just screams frankenbass to me.

7. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    I like it...I'd probably change the neck. But I really like it otherwise.

(I agree to frankenbass)

8. Looks like an Ibanez neck on it, but I don't know of any Ibanez basses with string through body from the 80's.

lowsound

9. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    I love it!

But the first thing I'd do is pull that neck off and put an SX replacement neck on it for $40. The old neck would go on eBay. And I'd probably have an artist friend of mine try to match the body artwork on the headstock. Groovy.

10. Yvarg

Yvarg Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Lake Forest, CA
    I would have chosen different colours and put a fender neck on, otherwise I think it looks pretty awesome.

11. I think it would burn with a bright flame.

12. Andy_colassal

Andy_colassal

Nov 21, 2006
    Regina, SK
    sexy...

13. I love it especially that part about "RARE VINTAGE PSYCHEDELIC ELECTRIC GUITAR BASS GROVER". Somebody spent a lot of time on this back when.

14. +1. They missed out on the submarine itself, though. Could have put it where the strings go through underneath and use the holes as the portholes of the submarine. Oh, well.....

15. Chandler Bing

Chandler Bing

May 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    I think I just threw up in my mouth.

16. Band Dad

Band Dad

Dec 5, 2006
    San Mateo, CA
    Not particularly well executed, but visually together. Semi-pro artist at least. I love it. Love the wear and tear. I'd keep the neck. It's got that cool blue color. Somebody loved this bass. Says a lot to me, but then heck, I was there.

17. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    This part I have to disagree with...Cheesey parts basses, although far rarer in '67 than NOW, didn't fit in then, either--IMHO. Especailly true for '68!!! :D

18. I'll take it!! Just add a couple of Bassman 150's side by side or a big blue Kustom and we'll all be ready for that magical ride on the Yellow Submarine.

19. TeeMartin

TeeMartin

Jul 18, 2006
    I think it looks great, headstock notwithstanding (too '80s for me).

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021