Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yet another VS. Thread

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Feb 17, 2001.

1. I would imagine that you would grow tired of these Vs. threads, but i have to open up another one. I definitely want to replace my strings. A bit over a month ago, i popped my stock ibanez strings, and i got Ernie Ball standard strings to replace them. They are i think..045-.105, and i dont like them one bit. I did play another bass with light or extra light strings (not sure), and i liked the feel much better. Soooo, let me get to the point here. My style, which is quite varied, is from dub to ska to metal, and everything in between.. I think i want the light strings, .040-.095, or maybe, .045-.100. The brands i am deliberating over are D'Addario Slowounds or Dean Markley Blue Steel. Thanx guys!(and gals)

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  3. well, i took your advice, and boy, those slowounds are schweeet. A much welcome break from my Ernie Ball clunkers. I hated those ernie balls. These are much better..and you have to love the rainbow silk.:D