Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YGM-3 Help Please!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Well i picked this Traynor amp from a friend and when i get home i turn it on, and its giving off this crackly/waterfall noise. What do i do?

Its a tube amp would i have to change the tubes and how mcuh will that cost. the tubes are about 31 years old as this amp is dated back to 1975. (The speaker is dated back to Septemeber of 75') and ive read that they come with Philips Tubes. They seem to be giving off a little light(very minute like a flash lights about to die)

So would anyone know the problem and could they tell me how much it would be to fix this?

And if it did fix it how much woudl i beable to sell this for?

Kenneth

2. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    UPDATE: i can now play but how do i get rid of the cracking sound?

3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Theres 101 possibilities for the problem to be. It could just be the speaker being so old, or it could be the tubes are worn out, or a bunch of other things in a tube amp. Try to take it to a reputable tech if you don't have a lot of experience with electronics.

4. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Thankyou for Replying, eah i was thinking of taking it down to L&M and have them check it out

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Not a bad idea...lots of knowledgeable staff at the Mississauga store, from Pat the manager right on down...they'll help you get on the right track of it...

6. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    SO how much do you think i could get for this amp i dont really want it.