Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yikes!!! talk about a.s.s.!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by john turner, Aug 21, 2001.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's the american standard showdown. i've finally received both contestant's photos. eeeeww.

well, what now? i'll scan the pics in a whip up a quick little private website, and email a link to bob g. (all hail), and king fu-qua. sound good? should have it up tonight - hopefully, or tomorrow - probably. i'll email chris and don links too.

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    WWWHHHHHAAAATTTTTT???

What about those of us who've been listening to all the big talk and waiting breathlessly to be disgusted? We gotta wait???

We need to see too...we can be the audience in case Bob or Kung Fuqua need to use a lifeline or something...:(

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    My only question is, did DONOSAUR send you any captions to go with his pics? If so, let me know and I'll either post mine or send them in an email to you (my pics are numbered, so either way is fine).

Glad to hear that you do indeed feel that the title, "A.S.S." is a well-deserved descriptive for this particular competition. Thanks for offereing to host it...we're both gonna owe you big time. Of course, since you managed to sucker us both into becoming Moderators, maybe we'll just call it even....

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    only 2 captions from don, chris. i will let each of you guys preview your own pics so that you can give me captions for them. i'll email you links.

the contestants will be revealed to all once the judges have decided.

man, these things are pretty nasty - they both look like they oughta be growing something out of the middle. :p

5. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I'm waiting with breathless anticipation... and a bottle of Maalox tablets.

6. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Lest this thread give anyone any misconceptions...all American Standard uprights are not ugly. I saw one today at a guitar show in Charlotte, NC that was quite nice and played and sounded fabulous. So there.

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, but how did it _SMELL_? i need to make the world's first smell-o-vision website for this to truly be a fitting contest.

8. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    So funny that you mention that....

I didn't know what kind of bass it was, so I looked into the f-holes for a label inside the bass. While I was doing this, I noticed a distinct smell...like that stuff old ladies wear...(sachet, is it?). The dealer missed his opportunity to lay the "owned by a little old grandmother who only played it in church on Sundays" story. Anyway, I looked inside with a light and saw a toilet bowl deodorizer in there...one of the ones that looks like a giant breath mint.

What the hell?