Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yin-Yang

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by russ_4ft, May 8, 2001.

1. Just ordered yin-yang by vic wooten,

Any views on it? i gotta wait 3 weeks for it to arrive!
    CAnt wait!!

- Russ

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    it's a good disc, more emphasis on the overall songs than just bass solo's. this should be in recordings though.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Moved to Recordings.

Will C.:cool:

4. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

I don't like it much compared to show of hands.. like someone said .. this time it's more about the songs then crazy bass playing. Actually, I have trouble even listening to it. :(

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

It depends in what do you want to hear. As been said, This album is more song oriented than "A show of hands", but it's great, too. One of the finest moments of the record to me is "Kaila speaks", in which Victor shows what can be done with a baby's voice: He plays an intro, let us hear his baby daughter Kaila's voice alone and then replays her with accompaniment. Presto! Kaila's babbling transforms in singing. Among other things, Victor plays the same voice pitches with his bass. This is the perfect example that remind us that real musicianship is not only on virtuosistic instrument playing. Victor rules! :)

6. FLEABITE

FLEABITE

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
    I heard a Steve Vai song where he does that, he mimics a child singing short phrases like "ya-o-gak" but with a tune, and then he plays it on guitar.

7. I only like a few songs on it, like "Hip Bop". I really don't think it's worth the $$$.