Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yippeee, I'm no longer a fata$$

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkySpoo, Mar 2, 2004.

1. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Jan. 1st I weighed 210 which is really heavy for me. March 1st I came in at 184. :hyper:

Man I feel so much better

Just thought I'd share

2. Much Congrats...

Im not a person with weight problems so i dont know how it must be like. But from what i hear its very hard to take weight off and keep it off.
    You should be quite proud. :)

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Cool bro....I have lost 18 pounds since the start of the year, without really trying seriously.

-Mike

4. I'll take some of that extra weight if you aren't using it.

I weigh in at 160, but I'm 6'6" :eek: :help:

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Whoa....I'm 6' 5" and just got down to 300. You must look like Manute Bol.

-Mike

6. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Back in high school I was 6'1" and 145. But that was 25 years ago. I figure another 5 to 10 pounds and I'll be where I want to be.

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm like 6'6 280, but i'm on that atkins dealie, seems to be working alright.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I tried out the Atkins, did not work well for me. Forcing myself not to eat something made me want it more.

I quit drinking soda pop, quit eating deep fried foods, and started "The Zone", and now I need smaller clothes. "The Zone" works great for me.

There are few things in the world as gratifying as putting on a pair of old jeans you used to wear, and having them fall off your waist because they are now too big.

Hey Kaz....I hope my Manute Bol comment did not offend you. I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just trying to picture someone a little taller than me, and weighing about half. :D

-Mike

9. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm 6 even, 225lbs.

Does that mean I'm fat?

:crying:

10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Holy cow! As a guy that is also 6'6" and weighs 195 lbs - and is still considered pretty darn skinny by most - may I just say: :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Thats about where I am at... 5'11" and 230. I've been turning the fat into muscle though from lifting at school.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hehehe....that was just what I was thinking when I read that post Matt. I thought you were a pretty thin guy when I met ya a couple weeks ago. Then I tried to picture you, minus 30 some pounds! YIKES!

-Mike

13. the start of last december i weighed around 305 and as of last week i weigh in at 275ish at 6'4".

14. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Take off FAST and keep off LONG is very hard. One has to be patient.

15. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    Great stuff! Glad you feel better, nice to hear it.

Getting some reward for your hard work!

;)

Andy

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Since I came back from China in June, 2002, I've put on 35 lbs. To my credit though I did have giardia for a month while I was over there and I got down to 135 or so (I'm just a hair under 6' tall).

brad cook

17. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Well I'm glad for you but this just reminds me to be depressed. I'm enormous at 5'11" and about 310 lbs. But I'm not as fat as that sounds. I am the guy you hear people talking about that really does have big bones. A lot of fat guys say they are "just big boned" and don't get me wrong I am in fact fat. But when I was 250 lbs I was thin. The skinniest I have been as an adult was when I got out boot camp in the Navy. I was down to 214 and puny. I was sickly at that weight. My ribs were showing...all of my ribs.

I looked pretty good at 275. I had a 54" chest and a 38" waist. Still big, but a good 'V' back. I still have the 54" chest but it doesn't have the same effect now.

18. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Body type has a lot to do with it. Don't go by weight go by your body type. For instance I am 6'2 and go about 240. But I have a 34 inch waist. I lift weights a little but mostly when I excersize I do a ton of cardio. On atkins I lost 70 lbs, it worked great for me. You may think 240 is a lot but at 228 my lightest a almost had a six pack. I'm just a bigger guy, I can't go by the standards of 6'2 people on average weigh 188lbs and anything over is obese, if that was the case I would be morbidly obese at 228 with a six pack? NOT!

19. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    No definitly not.
    It's that I have skinny legs and arms so for me to be at 210 meant it was all in the gut.
    I've got friends who are 6'1" and 230 or 240 and aren't fat. But they have these tree trunk legs and cannon sized arms.
    I hope I didn't offend or imply that anyone who has the same stats as I did is fat.

20. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    I used to be 205 at 6' even. I'm now 183. -Luke