1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yita music carbon bows

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by karlgustav, Sep 30, 2008.

1. karlgustav

karlgustav

Aug 30, 2005
    Europe,Estonia
    Hi

I need a decent bow. Not hoping for something extraordinary, as I dont play arco much, nor can I do it too well, and I am on a budget.
    but something that would work with me, not against me :)

so I've read some good things about Yita music bows."made by a professional Bow Maker: Yin Guohua"

can someone say, is there any other difference between "top" and "fine" carbon bows on their selection besides silver vs. copper mounting?
    the carbon itself is all the same I guess?

also, if anyone has a comparison of these two that they have:
    Fine Pernambuco (#D56) vs.Top Carbon (#D36B)

if you have any alternative to offer in a same price range- don't be shy

KG

2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    I have the "Top Carbon (#D36B)" and it works pretty good for me, certainly better than the bow I had and the fittings are much better. I've had this bow for 4 months now and use it in a community band (40 piece wind ensemble) and it works pretty good and is nicely balanced for me. People have complained about the hair on the bows from this manufacturer but I haven't had any problems with the hair and I've played with this bow quite a bit. For $200 you can't go wrong and you get a great value for the money spent.

I plan on getting the "Fine Pernambuco (#D56)" so that I can compare it to the carbon fiber bow.

3. John Perrin

John Perrin

Sep 29, 2008
    Texas
    For that same $200 you could get one of the carbon Ophelia bows made by Shen. They're quite good for the money.

4. karlgustav

karlgustav

Aug 30, 2005
    Europe,Estonia
    so John, you'd say ophelia to be better quality?

5. John Perrin

John Perrin

Sep 29, 2008
    Texas
    I've never tried one of the Yita bows so I can't really give you a comparison, but the Ophelia bows were once recommended to me by Donovan Stokes so I suspect they must stack up well to the competition.

Plus, Shen is one of the better (if not best) Chinese bass manufacturers so they obviously care about quality.

I'm pretty sure there have been threads about carbon fiber bows here on TB where the Ophelias were mentioned. Try doing a search for them to see what people say.

6. Blaine

Blaine

Aug 4, 2001
    new york area
    i have a yita CF bow and love it. i'm not sure of the exact model but it was around $130 and you can see the fiber weave. it's not their solid flat black model but not the top model with silver showing in the weaves. anyway, i love it, it grabs the note quickly. it is pretty bright sounding but on my bass that's a plus. it has bassically replaced my lothar seifert. the seifert is a beautiful bow but for what i'm using it for (jazz and resturant gigs) i don't need that much of a bow. i would buy another in a second if i lost this one.