Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yngwie Malmsteen unleashes the fury!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nate Dawg, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    A friend of mine sent me this link [warning: contains adult language]:
    http://ilx.wh3rd.net/thread.php?msgid=3173453

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN Threatens To Kill Passenger On Flight - Dec. 9, 2002

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN threatened to kill a fellow passenger on a flight to Tokyo, Japan after the woman poured a glassful of water on the guitarist.

The passenger, who had no prior contact with Yngwie, allegedly overheard Malmsteen making derogatory comments about homosexuals and decided to show her disapproval by emptying the contents of her glass on the hefty axeman.

A member of Yngwie's touring entourage, who was traveling with Malmsteen at the time, had a tape recorder running and managed to catch Yngwie's reaction on tape immediately after the guitarist was "assaulted" by the offended passenger.

The alleged recording can be downloaded here [warning: contains strong adult language]:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/yngwie_tokyo_flight.mp3

2. Pffft, what an idiot. Probably hung up over the fact that no one cares about him anymore.

Its amazing how much it sounds like Spinal Tap, is Derek Smalls his bassist now? I swear I can hear him on the tape.

3. What an xxxxxxx. It really p1sses me off that there are still people ignorant enough to be making comments like that.

Plus his guitar playing is soooooo overrated - He WROTE THE BOOK on "overplaying."

EDIT(JT): quick, what's the rule on masking profanity. :rolleyes:.

4. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I'm not familiar w/ this dude. Who the hell is he?

5. Swedish classically trained guitarist.

I'm a BIG Yngwie fan, too.....I love his stuff.

6. As is this: [​IMG]

He has a Signature model from Fender. It has a scalloped fretboard.

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    You mean, Yngwie "I wish my name was Ritichie Blackmore" Malmsteen?

Seriously, I think he's a great guitarist, and a great composer/arranger, but he's ego and pesonality just totally make me lose respect for him.

I definatley hope they don't pick him for the next G3 tour.

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    AH HA HA AHA HA HA He is such an a$$!!! :D :D :p :p :rolleyes:

9. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I hate almost everything about that guy. Thanks for reminding me.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    He's such an anus. "You have unleashed the fury." Wow, rough, I'd be scared. She threw water on him because he's a homophob? First of all, good for her. And second of all, why would a homophobic person dress like... Yngwie?

11. I agree that the man is a complete idiot. I heard that he once got shot in the wrist by cops when intended to kill his mother in law or something like that. If that really happened, he's lucky to still be able play normally, but, what a d1ck.
    ANyway, I don't think he's overrated as a guitarist.

12. I still don't know how to pronounce his name, so until someone tells me, I'm just going to call him Ol' Drippy. (What with the water and all).

13. i believe his first name is pronounced like:

ing vay

... ing like the ing in the word running. in swedish, the w's are pronounced like v's, from my understanding of the language.

14. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I got a laugh out of the "unleash the f'n fury" parts.

15. I don't think he's overrated as a guitarist

His earlier stuff is pure chops with no technical or real arrangement to it at all. If he is classically trained, he certainly didn't show it early on.

Maybe his later stuff is better. Haven't heard enough. I could be wrong.

16. He's more of an overrated guitarist's guitarist. I don't think many regular people, even music fans, really know his stuff that well. He's still an idiot, but if you're into shredding, I think Stevie Vai and Joe Satriani are talked about more.

17. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force rules!!!

(check my sig)

;)

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Didn't he change his name to
    Yngwie ****ing Malmsteen?

if so then he definatly gets a lot more respect from me :D

19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I guess he was upset because the water mussed up his pretty new perm :rolleyes: What a putz. Unleashed the fury? "Ya, you haft unleashed the fury of mine super-fingers! After I eat mine schnitzel and visit und discoteque me and Uter will #### you." He sounds like Flea in The Big Lebowski.