Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yo Blisshead...Machine Head???

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rumzini, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Opinion

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Which one? I like the first few and the last one. -there were a couple in the middle I wasn't too into, like the one where he raps (***?). Anyway, I think they are back on track now. The thing is, there's nothing super extrordinary about them, I think they just write in a way that (mostly anyway) really fits my tastes.

3. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I had to read this twice before realizing you where talking about the band Machine Head and not Deep Purple :confused:

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Y'know that 36 Crazyfists thing? It's a good thing I'm a pirate, otherwise, I'd hold this against you like you hold 36 CF against me.

5. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    lol. I guess so! I let the 36 crappyfists thing fade into memory....

6. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I am assuming he meant the band, could be wrong though.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You kidding? I keep track of all grudges, petty and major. Y'know, for archival purposes.

8. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    -you shouldn't tell people though. The trick is to keep the venom bottled up in your stomach, eating and burning, so at the earliest opportunity you can let fly with a vitriol that's completely shocking in scope and magnitude. Not that I'd know anything about that, it's just what I've heard you should do. ;)

9. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ah yes...Machine Head the band. Ya know I'm an absolute newbie to them...had no idea there was previous works. I do have to agree...there's really no reinventing the wheel here. Just finally found a band that has a cross section of all the stuff that I like in a music.

Thank you gentleman for enlightening me.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    See, my flavor is paranoia. They think I'm out to get them the entire time. So, it's not venom eating and burning, it's irrational fear.

11. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I saw them at the Maritime Hall with in SF way back, I thought they were great, but after the first two CDs I lost interest.

12. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    you might like the latest cd.

Brendan... that works too, it's a favorite of sales managers. :D

13. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Yeah, the first two were great (Burn My Eyes, The More Things Change), I actually liked the next two but they were very different (The Burning Red, Supercharger). But the new one, From The Ashes of Empire, sounds a lot like there old stuff.

14. FunkMachine

FunkMachine

Jul 13, 2004
    Dubai
    One of my bands has covered their song - "Old".

Its reasonably fun to play live, gets a good reaction.

15. I saw them opening for Slayer in Québec City in (I think) 1994 (Divine Intervention tour). They put on a great show, great live band.

16. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Oh yeah they are really good live. I saw them back in 2000 when they were supporting "The Burning Red." It was a really good show.