Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yo< Check Out My Bands Website

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by snowbrder87, Jun 17, 2001.

1. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Do you ever get, I don't know...beaten up?

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hhhmmm, after having a conversation with him online where he seemed to have discovered my antisocial, homosexual tendencies...I'd say we have a bonafide troll on our hands. Niiiiiice.

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    :confused:

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Don't ask. It was originally posted in basses.

5. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    check out mine
    www.severed1.com

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    we should have a "you must participate and make 100 meaningful posts before you can pr your band" rule.

then again, i bet i wouldn't qualify yet :eek: :D

7. heheh.. i don't even know if we have a website :D

8. We have a webpage in the process of being made... AGAIN!!

So guys, how old r you? :p What style music are you?

Long live Metal!

Merls

9. I'm busy doing a rebuild of my website too..

www.siniq.nl

it's constantly under contruction..

10. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I was going to post a snide remark like "I think you accidentally posted pics of your kids." But ya know what? That's frickin-a cool snowbrder87!!! They didn't have this technology when I was your age. I guess I would concider it part of the fantasy to have a website.

For me, it was:
    1) While first learning, during practice, I would imagine Geddy Lee broke his wrist when I was in the audience then called up by Alex who recognized me to come up and complete the set.
    2) Playing at a party and pretending we were great.
    3) Recording original tunes on a 4-track cassette.
    4) Playing at a Bar and pretending we were great.
    5) etc, etc, etc.

In the end, though I love the challenge of advancing musically, and feel my soul release all of its worries when I'm wrapped up in expressing myself musically, the fantasy of it all is such a strong driving force. It's what makes us gig or record.

snowbrder87, I hope you guys continue to live the fantasy, and that it drives you to self-fulfillment through music. Maybe it won't be respected by some to see you posting your website like that, but then again, we did open the thread. Maybe it just belongs somewhere else, like under bassists. Or maybe we need a catagory for "Member Websites".

TB'ers who were considering flaming these guys like I did, think back to when you started.

11. ASR

ASR

Apr 2, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    You know, at first I really liked this place, but lately it seems that everyone is just out to see who they can make fun of. I come here occasionally and read, but I hardly ever post anymore. I'm really glad that I didn't throw any money away to this place like I thought about doing several times. No offense to Paul. Its the members who are making this site what it is: Trash.

What is wrong with that web site? Does anyone really need to ask if the kid gets beaten up? What kind of remark is that? Angus, you deserve to be called whatever he called you and some.

snowbrder87 - That is a good site. Keep playing and don't let jerk offs like that get to you. Rock on.

12. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    With all due respect ASR, I wouldn't exactly say this thread has been a flaming free for all. If my original post appears to be a flame, then I apologise to snowbrder, as that wasn't my intention. But you have to admit that asking people to look at your site, leaving nothing more than a URL in a discussion forum isn't very appropriate - again, I'm not ripping into him, I'm just stating my opinion.

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i agree with yawnsie. furthermore, if you think this site is trash now, wait until every little wingnut with a website comes here and says "cHeK mY KiLlEr BaNd SigHt" in rapid succession. maybe the general population would be more accepting of website PR if this individual _participated_ here before he went fishing for hits. but, just like so many before him, i doubt we'll hear from him again.

14. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Sorry to bust your fantasy wide open there ZuluFunk, but Alex was calling ME up... I was two rows behind you, so it only looked like he was beckoning you!!! :D Seriously, I thought that I was the only one who used to have those scenes play through my head. Of course, all of the most popular girls in school would be in the front row in awe of the quiet kid playing bass! Ahhhh the good ol' days!

-robert

btw... decent web site. I especially like the 'countdown' to the next gig. Where was all this computer technology when I was growing up? Of course, I would've probably gotten stoned and never made it past the screen savers... "Ooooohhh... Look at all the colors!"

-rl

15. I will admit there is some harshness here at some times but there are 2 types of people that come here. People that put Ketchup on their fries and people that put if beside their fries.

Sorry to all the people that but mayo or other stuff on their fries.

16. :confused:

Gruffie, my man....

I think I made a mistake leaving you all that money for beer. Here, take this and check yourself into a detox center, on me. :D

[​IMG]

17. I guess my questions are what do Canadians put on their French fries my second question is do you put it on the fries or next to the fries?

Hmm.
    :D

18. Ohhhhhhhh! Well, I can't genaralize, but I can tell you that 2 of my kids dip their fries in hot chocolate, one thoroughly soaks it in root beer, and the youngest... well, you don't want to know. :)

And, snowbrdr.... I love your site! Keep it up big guy. Kinda reminds me of me when I was that age... ohhhh so long ago.

19. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I'm gonna break the mold here and be positive. You guys look like a young band and are doing it right. Just keep on playing and promoting as much as possible. The thing to remember too is that the only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, which would really suck. So go do what you have to do and brush the naysayers off. Good luck!!!!