1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yo! I'm new here.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stadic, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Stadic

Stadic

Apr 17, 2006
    NJ
    Yo guys. Just wanted to say I'm new here and stuff. So, soryr if I'm not to sure of the rules and stuff. Anyway, peace out.

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    welcome

If you aren't sure of the rule, you should read them.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/faq.php

3. It's an excellent group of people. And if you are really interested in learning anything there is to know about bass this entire forum is a vast library full of seas of knowledge. Welcome to the club. You should become a supporting member too, it's a liberating feeling.

4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Welcome, be prepared to spend a great amount of time here while you're supposed to be:

1) practicing bass
    2) doing homework
    3) socializing

:D

5. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Hiya.

6. Stadic

Stadic

Apr 17, 2006
    NJ
    Thanks a lot guys. And qhats a supprting member?

I think I'll tell a bit of myself though. I've been playin bass for about a year and a half now. But I let my friend borrow my bass ofr like 8 months so he can work on his CD. Anyway, my favorite bassist is Mike H. of The Bravery. My favorite band is The Bravery, but my favorite type of music is rap. But so far my gear is kinda crappy. I hace a standerd Fender P-Bass and a Hartke B150. But but I really want is a Fender Jazz Bass (Blue, or Black) and a new amp, but I'm not sure what.

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Supporting memeber means you pay $20 a year to support this forum and keep it going and you can have avatar and access to lobby where you can talk about qintar and other good stuff.

Welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy it here, its a great place for bass players, lots of info, lots of help, and we got qintar. :D

For practice crappy gear is not a bad thing, but fender jazz basses are sweet, i think it will be my next bass too, looking for Fender Geddy Lee right now, but local store has origenal `70's fender jazz and `52 fender jazz for $900 each ....MMMMM fender jazz...

8. Stadic

Stadic

Apr 17, 2006
    NJ
    Yeah, I'm still kinda a rookie, but I'm gettin there. The main problem I have is all that annoying buzz sound I get when I play. But I won't be gettin any new gear for awhile. But, anyone know any good amps to get? I'm not looking for a bick one, just one for practicing.

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    The buzz is one of 2 things, either you are not pressing it all the way or you need to do a tune-up on your bass (adjust the string height).

I personally thought for beginner that getting few lessons in person is worth it, i also thought it is better if the teacher is a jazz player. You basically get on the right track and after that practice, practice, practice.

As for AMP, I would personally just practice with what you got now until you find your sound and understand what you want out of your gear. Once you find out what sound you want and find out what is good for you, only then I would spend money on gear. I think we can only help you by our opinions on what is reliable or not, rest is probably up to you. It’s my opinion anyways, someone might say something else and be completely wrong. :D

Cheers

10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Where abouts in jersey are you?

11. Stadic

Stadic

Apr 17, 2006
    NJ
    Hmmm, my dad actully wnated me to take lessons. But I was just like whateva. Maybe I should take some lessons though. I just don't wanna play with my fingers. Oh and I'm in Bergan county, north Jersey.

12. :eek: :eek:
    Whoa, serg, you better snatch that one up right quick! A prototype pre-dating the jazz bass by eight years, that's gotta be worth something!
    ;)

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    :D

i meant 62...... (typo) i think... now i got to go make sure, also make sure it sounds as good as it did yesterday:)

Anyway, I am thinking about it anyways ...Thursday I got interview for a job... if I get the job the 70's one is my after i bring the price down...

14. Stadic

Stadic

Apr 17, 2006
    NJ
    Any pics of them?

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

I thought it was worth it... actually take a look for NJ teachers here on TB. That’s how I found my teacher. I still suck though so :)

Different people has different styles of playing, fingers or pick is all preferences, i person hate picks and only play with my fingers but like I said, its all preferences.

nope, when i buy it then i will post some pics :) I really liked the 70's one though.

Looked kind of like this:

73_1_b.

16. Stadic

Stadic

Apr 17, 2006
    NJ
    Aw man, that is sexy. I want a Jazz Bass so badly, I ether want a black with the white pick gaurd or a Daphne Blue with the white pick gaurd.

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Or if paint is bad just strip it and leave it natural wood color maybe with a little tint :) Like if i find a pink bass that is good price and good condition, oh yeah... :D

18. My dear, dear boy, there is SO much more to bass playing than just the Fender Jazz. (that'll illict some flames)

Welcome to TB. If you do not offer us a carrot within the next 10 days, you will be kicked out. Sorry, them's the rules.:D

If you want info on just about anything bass related, go look through some of the threads in Basses or Amps. Yeah, it's going to get pretty technical. But that's okay, cause in 6 months time you'll know all that stuff by heart.

Rock on
    Eric

19. Stadic

Stadic

Apr 17, 2006
    NJ
    I would strip it, of only I knew how. Anyway, a carrot?

20. Yes, a carrot. You must create a poll with carrots. Or post a pic of a carrot. Or give a TBer a carrot. Then we can allow you in.

Read this thread to figure out why: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240949

Rock on
    Eric