1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yo New Jersey! ** Popped Collar Alert **

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MakiSupaStar, Mar 24, 2009.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nope... Young Italians of the entire NY,NJ & PA area. I've run into clusters of them in New England too.

And yes... I was a Benny (ok, I still am, at least to my Ocean County native wife), my folks had the lagoon 'shore house' in Beach Haven West (mainland side of LBI) with our 25 foot SeaRay docked in the back yard. We use to hang @ Tice's Shoal near the Inlet most weekend days. Back in 93 I relocated from North Jersey to my Grandmother's place in Lacey (exit 74). Currently I'm exit 82a...

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    If by New England you mean RI, then yeah, we've got some in New England. :p

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Of course there are young Italian males all over the place, but I'm talking about the classic: "yo, howya doo-in'" Vinnies, Tonys and Joey's. North Jersey brews a special kind! :p

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

5. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    Oh boy.

In the old days natural selection would have made short work of those...

6. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Point Pleasant Beach was full of a scarier version of those people when I lived there.
    I believe Tony Siragusa and Richie Sambora both live in Point Pleasant.
    I usually go to the North side of LBI and rarely encounter any Guidos.

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Wow, thanks for showing me a place to never visit. Granted, Jersey wasn't high on the list anyway, but this just moved it even lower.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    yes... ALL of NJ is like that and no one would want to visit / live here, now stay off my parkway so I can actually get around to where I'm going :smug:

9. Down in Cape May & environs, "Guidos" and all others that come down to the Shore are referred to (in private anyway) as "Shoebies." Much argument off and on locally about where the nickname comes from, starting with folk who came down to the Shore on trains from Philly or NYC with their lunches in their shoe boxes...

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    :rolleyes:
    Jersey isn't as bad as you think it is, trust me.

11. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I can attest to this, having spent time in Hoboken, Jersey City (the non-scary side :D) and having taken the train several times from Penn Station out to Gladstone. First time on the train, I was shocked at how soon I started seeing trees, and how many of them there were. My friends in Long Valley live out in the country!

I kind of expected the whole state to be factories, and junkyards filled with cars towed out of Manhattan.:D

12. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    :bag: I need to learn to keep my parkway exits straight :bag:

Speaking of which the only thing worse than these guys, is these guys on the parkway weaving around in their mustangs and giant SUVs on their way to the shore....Well when your not doing 5mph.

Yup, Bayonne is like their Mecca.

13. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Watched it again. I stand by original statement.

14. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Nice. :rollno:

If I ever hear another negative stereotype about us rubes from the Midwest, I know what video to show them.

15. The *popped collar* alert is now at amber.

4popped-collars.

16. Holy cow, the place has changed since I used to go there as a kid. That is Jenkinson's, right? Didn't they have a big salt-water pool back in the day? A lot of my misspent youth was spent on that boardwalk...

Remember the red and white BENNIES GO HOME bumper stickers in the '70s? Yeah, my brother printed those up (he was living in BH year-'round at the time).

Takin' me back...

-jb

17. xjeganx

xjeganx

Apr 16, 2007
    Clifton, NJ
    All of this is why I stopped going down the shore a long time ago. Maybe a trip to PP once in a while if my gf really wants to go.

Tell me about it. They need to change the state motto to "Welcome to New Jersey, now keep to the right!"

18. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I don't need videos to remind me of what the midwest stereo types are...I just need to visit my family/home city. :atoz:

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    :rollno:

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    LOL