Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yo Paul, just one small question man...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Obsolex, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I have always wondered why you don't post on the boards... I mean, you are the craziest person in the world for giving us TB... Just wondering, too busy??

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Paul's position as the Executive Director of the Trilateral Commission keeps him quite busy. Running the world's shadow government takes up a *lot* of time!

3. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Yeah, true...

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Well... I guess it is time to come out with it...

I am paul.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I hear tell that Paul is really a bear who lives in the woods. He only comes out at night to trample through people's flower garderns. The once his fiendish deed is done, he sets up a video camera to record the people waking up in the morning and yelling, "Oh No, my flower garden!" and then sells the tapes on Ebay.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I expect this is a good guess, as apart from all the work involved in TB - keeping it going and raising money etc. - if you look in Paul's profile, it says he plays DB in the Symphony Orchestra and Opera in Austin!

Paul used to post on the old versions of the board before this one - when TB was smaller and mostly Double Bass players - and very few trolls/timewasters etc....;)

7. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    LOL. You guessed it :) Seriously though, I wish I did have more time to post more often, but there's always some project to work on these days. It's a great multi-faceted job though - each day I can choose which 'hat' to wear... If my job were up for grabs the description would include ad sales exec, marketing director, linux systems analyst, public relations director, mediator, software engineer, order fulfillment/shipping, punching bag... :) I'm not an expert in any one of these areas but it sure is a learning process!