Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yoga

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sanctum, Feb 8, 2003.

1. So I started doing Yoga about 4 weeks ago to loosen up the old body. I gotta tell you, I am experiencing almost no lower back pain now when I play, and my fingers seem to move faster too. I'm not even talking about classes, we just bought some vhs/dvd Yoga tapes at Borders. One is a stretching/relaxation yoga session, the other is a "power" yoga session, with an emphasis on deep stretching. I think learning about breathing and its connection to my body has been the most helpful.

Recommended to help loosen ya up before and after playing.

2. My mom's been doing Yoga for about 20-30 years now. She was doing it before it was cool!!!!

It isn't for everyone though, but I do reccommend trying it. It is extremely useful for loosening up and relieving stress. Its also very spiritual.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Also...he helped Luke to become the most powerful Jedi Knight..

Oh wait a minute...nevermind. Don't I feel stupid.

;)

brad cook

4. hahahahah

5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I've been practicing Yoga for over 5 years, and last year became a certified Yoga teacher.

It's indescribable how Yoga has changed my life, my playing and my music. It is for everyone, if you ask me - there are so many different typs of Yoga, each having a different focus, style, etc. Glad to hear you're enjoying it, Sanctum.

Namaste`

6. I've been doing yoga for close to two years now and it's had a wonderful impact on my life as well. I'ts the only 'excersize routine' that I've found doesn't feel routine and is easy to stick to.

7. I use to do Yoga...I remember that it made me fart a lot...I had to stop going to the class because I couldn't contain my gas...:eek: :) :D

Fetch!

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    dude, you saw that on "Jackass" :rolleyes:

:D

9. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    I've been doing Yoga for a few years now. I started it as a way to strengthen and loosen my back. I have back problems and my then chiropractor gave me some exercises to do. Since then I've expanded and use Yoga to loosen my whole body, make me aware of my breathing, and help me focus (on things such as bass).

I love my daily Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)! :D

10. Dude, no I didn't...That was 100% me there...

Fetch!