yorkie xm200t or not???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Aug 6, 2004.

1. i have been thinking about the yorkie xm200t 200watts with 2x10 inch speakers combo, it is spost to be very loud and you can add one 4 ohms extension cab or two 8 ohm cabs!! i just got home from one of my gigs at the sidewinders baseball game and this saturday night i am playing their again but their will be fireworks (alot more people). but anyways the gig went absolutly ausome i used my current rig my avatar 2x12 cab and 300watt behringer head, my cab is 8ohms so basically i am only pushin 165 watts through teh 2x12 and it is plenty of power to compete with the drummer and a 50watt all tube fender super reverb. do you think teh yorkvile xm200t 2x10 200watt combo with a 1x15 extension could be just as loud as my current bass amp?
  2. nah i think would either go yorkville, or get a nice 4x10 rig, probably the peavey 4x10tvx and a good head, but i am still not forgetting the yorkie i would deffinitly rather go yorkville if it would be louder or just as loud as my current settup right now 165 watts.
  3. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Dude, I'd think that meekster has the right idea here...

Just add a second cab, dropping to 4ohms ie,, bumping UP to 300 watts, & more cone surface...

I think the Yorkie, you're talking about only has 1x15" driver...

More watts, more cone surface... Seems like the wise choice to me. Unless you're just looking for a reason to NOT use your BX3000.
  4. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    The XM200T is the loudest 200 watt combo you'll ever hear, I am pretty sure it will blow the doors off of the Behringer no problem. And it will definitely outlast your future doorstop too. Yorkville has a great reputation for building long lasting amps.
  5. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    let me tell you , i had a peavey 4x10tvx and it is a nice cabinet and sounds good .but trust me that baby is BIG and
    BULKY BIG TIME!! get ready to have a work out moving it! that was my only drawback with it. :eyebrow:
  6. Just a question, I was noticing the front panel, and it looked like all the inputs are plastic. Are they plastic and do they break easily? I was just looking and it reminded me of the days of my old squier amp, where any time you remotely pulled on the amp the cable either fell out or the panel started getting ready to part with the amp itself
  7. well first of all, the reason why i am not going to get a 2x10 avatar to drop to 8 ohms is beacuse i already have enough power! i did a oudoor gig last night and i was plenty loud! the xm200t has 2x10 inch drivers. and i seriusly dout that a 2x10 could be as low or could handle as much as my 2x12 cab, teh reason why i keep coming back to the head/cab rout is bneacuse everytime i gig with my current settup i absolutly love the thing and it makes me change my mind, it isnt really that hard to transportate actually and i dont even have wheels! and the reason why i would eventually go to peavey 4x10tvx and the max450head is beacuse i tried that setup at my local guitar store and it was one of the best bass sounds i have ever hjeard! (the ones you her in your head) im not kidding either! i no teh cab is very vdery heavy but i would either get some pop out wheels for it or get a flight case for it.
  8. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Maybe I'm not getting something, but why not just get another head? say... The Max 700, if you like that sound? It's about the same price as the Yorkville XM200T ($50 more maybe?) and you could put it on your current Avatar 2x12. then later you could get another avatar... something. Maybe another 2x12? the Max 700 would be 275 watts into your 2x12, and if you get another cab it'd be 475 watts.
  9. i think i would just use my current rig util i have enough money to buy the max 700 head and teh peavgey 410tvx, i dont want more than that that is plenty of power! if my behringer and avatar 2x12 can cut through at 165 watts i now 475 watts will cut through with the peavey!
  10. BUMP on my question, preferably from an owner of this particular amp..... what material are the inputs made of? Are they plastic and do they break easily? I don't want to have to worry about avoiding tripping on a cord and damaging something.
  11. what the hell are you talking about??
  12. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    He's talking about the input jacks, the nuts and the actual slot.

I think they're metal, they don't feel plastic or like nylon to me. They seem to be painted/coated black, but don't quote me on that. At least on my XS model amp, I'll have to check the XMs tomorrow to be absolutley certain...I mean later today, LOL!
  13. fenderbluesdude, I think you should stay with your current setup until you have enough for the Max 450 and 410TVX, it seems you really like the sound so do that.