1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yorkville 200K Mixer/Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hamilcar, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Hamilcar

Hamilcar

Feb 7, 2008
    Hi,

Has anyone played their bass through one of these? If you have could you please share your experience. I'm talking about the 200 watt combo, it has a 15" and a tweeter, with a built in 4 channel mixer. It has a speaker out and goes down to 2 Ohms.

Thanks

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    That must be a keyboard amp. I imagine it's the same power amp as the Yorkville XM200C bass combo and probably the same cabinet and speakers. I'm currently storing a friend's 100 watt Yorkville keyboard combo and have played through it once. It's okay but the eq controls aren't the same as a bass amp so I had a bit of trouble dialing in a sound I like.

If that amp is available used, in good condition for a good price, it'll be a decent bass amp, bearing in mind the different eq. The XM200C that it's based on is certainly a well regarded combo in its price range and I used to own one of those. They put out a lot of sound for the price and are well built and reliable.

I'd say try it out with your bass if you can. It might work for you. Sorry I can't be of more help.

3. Hamilcar

Hamilcar

Feb 7, 2008
    Ya, I may grab it...I think it will be a pretty useful piece of gear and I would use it with a preamp anyway. It's a heavy beast tho. Does anyone know if the speaker is the same as the bass speakers?

Thanks

4. Hamilcar

Hamilcar

Feb 7, 2008
    so I just picked it up. I'm pretty happy with it seeing as I got it for a good deal. it's a much bigger cab than my yorkville 100b combo about twice the size. The nice thing is it has a speaker out that will take a 4 Ohm cab; it pushes 270Watts at 2 Ohms. I was able to download the manual from their website. I think this is a pretty cool piece of gear because I can use it for everything not just bass. It sounds pretty good to.

so when I'm playing the clip light is flashing does this mean that it can't handle the bass frequencies? Will I reck it by playing my Bass through it?

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    If the clip light is flashing you're overloading the input. Cut back the volume of the signal you're putting in to it and make up the volume by turning up the master volume control on the Yorkville. There should be an input level control on each channel and you can cut the signal strength there. I haven't got a manual for it handy so I can't tell what exactly goes on. Check your manual. It should explain everything.

The speaker is almost certainly the same as the XM200 C's Eminence made 15". I can't see them having a completely different speaker made when that one would do just as well in a keyboard amp. You could always contact Yorkville and they'll tell you. They're a pretty good bunch there.

That's a good deal you got. Yes, it's heavy--that's why I sold my XM200 combo. But if you can handle the weight it'll serve you well. With an extension cabinet you can get quite a bit of sound. Look for one of Yorkville's 2x10 cabinets used.

That amp should last a long time. They're tough.