Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville 400B - Anyone else like em?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by haujobb, Sep 19, 2005.

1. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    I just bought a used Yorkville 400B, and used it practise for the first time tonight. I just want to say one thing, this is my favorite amp in the whole world, and it has been the best purchase I have made.

Ever since I've taken up bass, I've always loved the tone of Yorkville BM400H's, but every time I would go to buy one, the deal would never fall through. I've always considered it a sign however that every time I buy a new amp, I some how end up playing through a Yorkville and like it better.

So last week I was in a music store looking at basses, and some guy is trying to trade this in for money towards mics, the salesmen don't wanna trade but want to put it on consignment. So I walk up and tell them not to even bother, and I buy the amp.

I used it tonight with a 2x10 cab and it kicks my old setup, 800 watt rack rig with 2x10 and 1x18. Either this thing puts out a VERY loud 400 watts or that power amp puts out no where near 800 watts because the smaller stack was much louder and much tighter.

So now I've settled on a head, now I just gotta find a cab that I love. :D

2. Is that the newish 400 watt hybrid head? I've got the 15 combo and love it but I'm thinking of selling it to a mate to get the 400 head and a seperate cab. I think I'm in your same situation.

3. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Nope, I was refering to the discontinued model, but I love those amps as well :p