Yorkville/Aguilar/QSC question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aaron f., Mar 4, 2004.

1. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    I'm currently running a Fender MIM Jazz with barts into a Sansamps BDDI then into a Yorkville KB200 keyboard combo amp (200 watts I think, 15 inch speaker and tweeter).
    Currently it's loud enough but the clip light flashes but no speaker distortion occurs.

So my question, would an an Aguilar GS112 (8ohms) powered by a QSC rmx850 (600 watts bridged into 8ohms) produce the same or louder volume, what about when tunning down to C?

Are there any concerns with running the rmx850 bridged for extended periods of time (say 3 hours).

2. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I think it is safe to say that any 600 watt amp will produce more volume than a 200 watt one.

If you are using a Yorkville keyboard amp now for your bass, why not give their bass amps a try?

You could get the XS400 (1x15) or XS400T (2x10) combos for a great price. They are plenty loud, have amazing tone and are built like tanks. Even the XM200 is great, it is only 200 watts, but the loudest 200 watts you will ever hear.
  3. Yeah, I have an xs400h and an xc410, adding an xc115 in a month (2 pay periods) if I can find one. I love it. But to answer your question, yes it would be louder.