Yorkville amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Balor, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    Anyone familiar with the Yorkville BM400h? Or any yorkville power amp for that matter. Reliability, tone or hearsay... any constructive comment would be nice.

I've tried (in store and for a very short time) this particular head with Eden CXM112 cab, it seemed very nice. In fact, it seemed cleaner than the Time Traveler.

any comments

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I had the combo, and I'm using the head version right now while I'm waiting for my amp head to come back from repair...the head has awesome tone, and if you match it with a 2x10 and 1x15, or a 4x10 and 1x15 cab, you'll get some awesome results!
  3. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I agree, the head has some great tone. The speaker section of the combo isn't quite as good however. But if your looking for the head with another cab I'd highly recommend it.

4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    This is wierd. I'd never seen these amps before last weekend, now they keep popping up. I did sound on Sat for a band who's bass player used the Yorkville head through a Trace 4x10. I'm not sure if it was the B400h, but it was 400w at 4 ohms, 2RU. The owner raved about it, but most owners will defend their purchase vigilantly. I like to make my own judgement and I thought it sounded pretty good.
  5. Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    thanks for the comments... highly appreciated:)

As for the cab, I'm looking at acme, flite and eden CX serie. They all are relatively affortable and should covers the range of a 7 string... some more adequatly than others, but price is a big issue for me.

If anyone as a suggestion, for the head or the cab, feel free to share.

thanks again