Yorkville Bass Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jammin'John, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Not baaaaad. Better than Peavey, IMO. But don't expect SWR or Eden quality. :)

Edit: Just to clarify, I was talking strictly about tone. They are very well built and have exceptionnal value, and they simply have the best warranty in the industry. :cool:

BTW, I own the XM200 and am happy with it (I don't see the need for a 100000W monster rig). I wouldn't mind trading it for an SWR, though. :oops:
  2. tehy are really really really good amps!!!!

and all there cabs are really great products!
  3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    You're smoking crack ;)

Just kidding...

...but after stacking the WM series stuff against the Yorkville gear, I a/b'd it against the SWR pro stuff too...Yorkville beat them hands down (in my unbiased opinion...despite the fact that I grew up playing and working with Traynor/Yorkville gear, so my ear is tuned to listen for that sound...and the fact that I work for their sister company...)

I played SWR for a little over a year, and the new X series BassMaster amps just kick their a**. Besides which, well...nm...let's just say that I'm glad I'm back with Yorkville amps!)

And Eden? Love their cabs...nuff said!
  4. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    Goooooood stuff!!!! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
    for the price they are Welll worth buying!! :cool:
  5. i also have the xm200 and love it. it's loud enough for most situations and when it isn't, we're using PA so I go direct out to the PA. The tone is very good. Yes, the SWRs, Edens, and Ampegs do sound a little better, but you'll pay at least $200-$300 more and (to me) the sound of those is not $200-$300 better.

The only thing that it is missing is an RCA input, so I can learn and practice songs from a CD.

oh, and they are built like a tank. i think you'd have to drop it down a flight of stairs or off a building to break it.
  6. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    i have a xs400h and i think its ****ing awesome
    paid under 800 canadian for it. (thats includin tax)...and for a 16 yr old punk bassist..i dont need much more from a head.
    as for my cab...well its a really old yorkville and im thinking of upgrading to a 2x10 and 4x10 yorkville or gk cab setup..
    but the head is awesome.
  7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I have the XM200. It is hands down the best combo amp I have ever used. I tried everything (in the price range) form Fender to SWR and it beat out all of them.
  8. mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    i got the xm200T thats with 2 10's i'm not a fan of 115's. Although i haven't treied any other amps besdies a fender bassman which i did not like. BUt is it really better than peavey in TNT
  9. i tried out the xm200.....I donno if it was me or the amp, but if you like your tone to sound something like RnB all the time, it's for you. Maybe it's the fact that I wasn't used to messing around with two mid knobs....
  10. Thanks guys !!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Is there any place to find good prices for new/used ones ?

11. mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    where do u live canada or US
  12. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I wish I had one of those 100000w monster rigs.
  13. Very solid affordable gear w/ a great warranty and history. Also, great tone :) I had the XM200 and XM200T and they were both excellent combos. Currently using the XM50C as a home practice amp and it's phenomenal!
  14. Same place I got my XM50C from - a full $80 less then the typical price :) This place has great prices as long as you don't have to have the ozite covered models!
  15. In my experience (1x15 combo), the Yorkville didn't have the finest tone in the world, but it did it's job nicely until I was able to upgrade. Definitely built like a tank.