Yorkville Bass Guitar Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Anyone ever heard of these? Good bad or???? I can buy one of these with 200watts, 2x10's and 1 horn for about $300 for a floor model. If it crap?Thanks

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I used to have one, and they are great sounding amps for the money. They are well built, and have a good sound. They are quite versatile. If it is the 200K with the Graphic EQ, it would be wise to pick it up! They are great units.:)
  3. Quadzilla

It's a 200t. What's the difference between the "k" and the "T"?

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    It is the 200T I was talking about. Did you play through it? For the price, I don't think you can do much better. They are truly great sounding amps.:)
  5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yorkville's are awesome.Too bad they don't have much advertisement,because alot of people dont know about them.But they put out alot of noise,and have a good sound.There also very durable.I just like everything about them.There not the best amps,but there DEFINITELY the best amps for the money.Most 200 watt amps are around $400-500,and Yorkville's are only $300-400.I reccomend you get one.
  6. Quadzilla

Do you think that Carvin is a step up or are they in the "same League"?
  7. Flatbass11

Flatbass11 Supporting Member

May 29, 2001
    Medford, MA
    I recently purchased a Yorkville Bass Master 400w amp.
    It's built like a tank and has lots of very clean sound to it. Sort of like a power amp with a graphic eq. I have it going through a Bergantino 112 and mesa 115. I'm very happy with the sound this thing puts out.
  8. I've played their amps and I own a cabinet, and I must say that they are extremely underrated. My cab (2x10) sounds amazing, deeper than many others (including GK and Mesa) and still portrays tons of punch and a clear high end. Amazing for the money...