Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville Bass Guitar Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Anyone ever heard of these? Good bad or???? I can buy one of these with 200watts, 2x10's and 1 horn for about $300 for a floor model. If it crap?Thanks

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I used to have one, and they are great sounding amps for the money. They are well built, and have a good sound. They are quite versatile. If it is the 200K with the Graphic EQ, it would be wise to pick it up! They are great units.:)

3. Quadzilla

It's a 200t. What's the difference between the "k" and the "T"?

4. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    It is the 200T I was talking about. Did you play through it? For the price, I don't think you can do much better. They are truly great sounding amps.:)

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yorkville's are awesome.Too bad they don't have much advertisement,because alot of people dont know about them.But they put out alot of noise,and have a good sound.There also very durable.I just like everything about them.There not the best amps,but there DEFINITELY the best amps for the money.Most 200 watt amps are around $400-500,and Yorkville's are only $300-400.I reccomend you get one.

6. Quadzilla

Do you think that Carvin is a step up or are they in the "same League"?

7. Flatbass11

Flatbass11 Supporting Member

May 29, 2001
    Medford, MA
    I recently purchased a Yorkville Bass Master 400w amp.
    It's built like a tank and has lots of very clean sound to it. Sort of like a power amp with a graphic eq. I have it going through a Bergantino 112 and mesa 115. I'm very happy with the sound this thing puts out.

8. I've played their amps and I own a cabinet, and I must say that they are extremely underrated. My cab (2x10) sounds amazing, deeper than many others (including GK and Mesa) and still portrays tons of punch and a clear high end. Amazing for the money...