Yorkville Bassman 400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xSpooNx, Nov 8, 2003.

1. i just got a Yorkville Bassman 400 used for $480 CAN. I played it and i sounds pretty damn nice, and my parents are already complaining about the floor :bassist: It seems to be in pretty good condition, and the factory is near me so its easy to get repairs (if needed). Do you think this is a good amp? Give me your comments.. i can take it back in 7 days for a full refund if its no good, so yeah. Tell me what you think.

2. That doesn't seem like that great of a deal, I got my Yorkville 400 head for 250$ (or 200 can't remember) Canadian dollars.

If you have the same model I do, which I'm pretty sure is the case, you may want to go with something else. I find mine sounds really lame when i turn it up loud.
  3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    That's how much the XS400H is with the tube preamp new! :rolleyes:
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's BassMaster, not Bassman.
  5. I think that's a good deal. Yorkville 200B's go for about $350-$400 in Vancouver. Double the power for about $100 extra, not bad. Common buzzwords associated with Yorkville are "good value" and "indestructable."
  6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    That's a great price for a BM400 (I'm assuming that's the model number you're discussing.)

Fender has Bassman amps; Yorkville bass amps are "Bass Masters" (and the Traynor models go out as "Bass Mates")
  7. yeah its the bass master...

my bad lol.. as for you others who said i got ripped.. its canadian dollars, and its the "combo"
    meaning its got the head and its got a 1x15 speaker and tweeter.. yeah.. it sounds good to me so whatever :D (plus im not that good yet anyways so its great for what i need.. and its reasonably portable)

later :p
  8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

One interesting thing to say is that it's one of the loudest combos ever.
    It gets EXTREMELLY loud and can cover your needs in most band situations.
    Plus you can add a second cab to it whenever needed.
    It's an excellent amp.
  9. yeah i had it on half volume and half gain in my soundporoofed basement and my brother felt it on his bed on 2 floors up.. very loud :bassist:

should be able to pin the drummer to the wall (insert evil laugh here) hehe
  10. Yeah. I've got a 200B still kicking around waiting to get the power transformers replaced. Mine is only 150W and it gets crazy loud.