1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yorkville Bassmaster 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MisterEdVedder, Aug 16, 2001.

1. MisterEdVedder

MisterEdVedder

Jul 26, 2001
    US
    Hey all,

I have a budget of about $425 plus a trade in with my current combo. Ive been shoppin around for a new combo for quite sometime now and i thought id go with a yorkville 1 x 15 combo. ive compared it to a SWR working man 160/200 and another 15in working man that was used. the used one didnt say what its rating was. i thought the yorkville sounded louder than swr, not to mention cheaper tho the used one was about the same as the bassmaster, 375 bucks. an interesting sidenote however, i compared the new working man to a 100w crate combo and the crate sounded louder and just as clear as the working man. i dunno maybe its just my ears or sumthin. anyway i just wanted to know what u guys think about yorkvilles, particularly about the one im thinkin of buying. thanks in advance

2. i have a bassmaster 100, and it pretty good in my opinion. its 1x15 like the 200, so they probably pretty close, just the 200 goes louder. its a good amp for practicing and jamming. i put mine at 3(out of 10) for volume and can compete with guitars and drums.

3. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I am running a Yorkville 400H into an Ampeg Classic 410 cab.
    Great sounding rig, IMO.
    I got the head used for $500 cdn. Maybe save some more dough and look into a head/cab set-up, instead of a combo.

4. I'm getting a new Yorkville Bass Master 200 combo and I was glad to read what was written here. I tested the amp before my parente paid for it but now I am even more confident that my choice was a good one! Thanks for starting this thread!!
    George