Yorkville Bassmaster 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MisterEdVedder, Aug 16, 2001.

1. MisterEdVedder

Jul 26, 2001
    Hey all,

I have a budget of about $425 plus a trade in with my current combo. Ive been shoppin around for a new combo for quite sometime now and i thought id go with a yorkville 1 x 15 combo. ive compared it to a SWR working man 160/200 and another 15in working man that was used. the used one didnt say what its rating was. i thought the yorkville sounded louder than swr, not to mention cheaper tho the used one was about the same as the bassmaster, 375 bucks. an interesting sidenote however, i compared the new working man to a 100w crate combo and the crate sounded louder and just as clear as the working man. i dunno maybe its just my ears or sumthin. anyway i just wanted to know what u guys think about yorkvilles, particularly about the one im thinkin of buying. thanks in advance
  2. i have a bassmaster 100, and it pretty good in my opinion. its 1x15 like the 200, so they probably pretty close, just the 200 goes louder. its a good amp for practicing and jamming. i put mine at 3(out of 10) for volume and can compete with guitars and drums.
  3. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I am running a Yorkville 400H into an Ampeg Classic 410 cab.
    Great sounding rig, IMO.
    I got the head used for $500 cdn. Maybe save some more dough and look into a head/cab set-up, instead of a combo.
  4. I'm getting a new Yorkville Bass Master 200 combo and I was glad to read what was written here. I tested the amp before my parente paid for it but now I am even more confident that my choice was a good one! Thanks for starting this thread!!