yorkville bassmaster

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lyle, May 16, 2004.

1. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    i have a yorkville bass master xm200t and ive not been partial to the tones im getting through it lately. im probably just dumb and it sounds good but i wanna know what other bassmaster owners set there knobs too. :help:
  2. Dags

Jan 19, 2004
    can you elaborate on what kind of tones you're getting and what kind you want? I'm really close to buying that exact same amp.
  3. I've got the one with the 15in speaker and love it. it really woke up when i added a sansamp bass driver. I like a big round tone, so the 2x10s had too much high-end for me. what else are you running with it? [hint]<HINT>sansamp ;) [/hint]</HINT>
  4. Here is a setting I have yet to try in a band setting. Turn on the "Contour" button then do a reverse scoop EQ (cut the lows and highs, boost the mids). The contour gives warmth and the EQ maintains mids/definition. I run my Yorkvilles with a Sansamp BDDI. It cuts through the mix but sounds warm.
  5. Rock&Roll

Jul 21, 2002
    I'm in the boat with not liking my yorkville tone anymore. I've owned my bassmaster 200 1x15" combo for about 5 years. Since then, I've played through many nicer amps. This one just doesn't sound as good to me anymore. Generally, these amps are not particularly responsive to the nitty gritty details of your tone. They just make "bass."

Simply put, once I get my 2x15" cab loaded, the yorkville is getting chucked on Ebay with no reserve.
  6. I have the XM200 model with the 15" driver.

Lows: 4 o'clock
    Low mids: 3 o'clock
    Hi mids: 4 o'clock
    Highs: 11 o'clock
    Contour: 1 o'clock

Good luck!
  7. GrapeBass

Jun 10, 2004
    Graphic designer: Yorkville Sound
    Yorkville has come a LONG way since that amp has come out... That amp just didn't do it for ME.

Check out the latest offerings... They're so much better...