Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville BC115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mebrown20, Feb 25, 2006.

1. mebrown20

mebrown20

Jul 22, 2005
    All,
    I saw a Yorkville BC115 cab today at my local GC for $75. Is it worth my time and drive to go back tomorrow and pick it up? It's about 11 miles away. And does anyone know what ohms the BC115 is? I believe it read 8 ohms, is that true? The Blue carpet cover looks good, a little discoloration on the grill, but no damage.

Thanks!

Mark

2. schecterbassx04

schecterbassx04

Feb 7, 2006
    NYC
    is that 200w rated? cuz then i'd say yes its awesome.
    if its 200w then its only half ohms driving the 115 and the other half would drive the ext. so it rates right now as a solo combo as around 160w @ 8ohms? i think*

3. mebrown20

mebrown20

Jul 22, 2005
    Thanks for the answer, it is the cab only, not the combo. Still worth it for $75?

4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    yes, the yorkville bc 115 is a good deal !, this was released when they started to come up with better stuff. I think it is made of plywood as well. too bad its not an xc 115.

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Yes, they sound surprisingly good. A fairly efficient speaker. I had a pair (still own one of them) and used to drive it to plenty loud levels with a GK 400RB. As long as the speaker still is good $75 is a good price.The speaker replacement is available from Yorkville. It's made for them by Eminence.

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Excellent price...300W @ 8 ohms...if it was local, and I were into 15s, I'd go after it myself!!!