1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

yorkville bm400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigwig, May 15, 2004.

1. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    hello...i havent been on in a while, but im looking for a new bass amp...a combo, nothing big...well not yet..
    so i was looking into the yorkville bm400...its a 1x15 with 400 watts of power...
    i was just asking, if later on this year..or next, would i be able to hook a 2x10 cabinet up to this to make my rig more powerful?
    thanks

2. Hey Bigwig,

The BM400 is a discontinued product but you can find information at Yorkville:

Product Description

The website is under renovations but you should be able to download the owner's manual later. But if I remember correctly, the combo itself doesn't pump out 400 watts. I think it runs at 300 watts and if you hook up a 4 ohm cabinet, you can run the full 400 watts.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The BM400 has been upgraded to the following models:

XS400H (400W @ 4ohm amp head with tube pre and overdrive circuit)

XS400 (XS400 in combo with 1x15 speaker)

XS400T (XS400 in combo with 2x10 speakers)

A used BM400 would be a good deal however, there are still quite a lot of them around.

300-320 watts at 8 ohms sounds about right for the power rating.