1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yorkville Fans!! TUBES!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by beam, Sep 6, 2003.

1. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    New Yorkville XS400!!

The XS400H 400 watt bass amplifier is the next leap forward in bass amplifier design from Yorkville Sound. The first major advance was to feature a Sovtek 12AX7A preamp tube at the input stage. Not content to stop there, we added a separate parallel tube overdrive circuit, and an innovative 'wet / dry' balance control that allows the player to set the perfect blend of overdriven signal to clean bass tone. In short you can add as much growl or as little ‘tube warmth’ to your overall bass sound as you need, while maintaining a clean tone underneath it all to maintain definition and clarity. A switchable limiter and a compressor circuit with user definable threshold control has been added to the tube input circuit as well.
    An improved five-band EQ, with a semi-parametric mid control with a user definable frequency has taken the place of the graphic EQ Yorkville has used on higher power bass amps in the past. A new continuously variable ‘Scoop’ control has been added to the XS400H to replace the 'Contour' switch used on Yorkville bass amps in the past as well. The Scoop function sweeps from a flat frequency response to a mid-frequency dip at 300 Hz. As you increase beyond the 1/2-way point on the control you begin to boost both the top end and bottom end to your tone, in addition to further reducing the midrange level.

Other professional features added to the XS series bass amplifiers include a front panel wet / dry control for the effects return, footswitchable tube overdrive, footswitchable effects return and a pre / post selectable XLR balanced Tube DI output. Speakon™ and 1/4-inch extension speaker outputs have been added for the addition of an external bass cabinet, like our popular XC210, XC410, and XC115.

A front panel tuner / mute switch has been added to the XS400H bass amplifier. This mute silences the signal to the amplifier (and DI output) for silent tuning.

XS400H Features
    Tube powered input and overdrive (12AX7A preamp tube)
    Innovative Wet/Dry blend on Tube Overdrive
    Wet/Dry blend on the effects loop return
    Five band EQ featuring a semi-parametric sweepable mid
    Unique "Variable Contour" scoop function
    Footswitchable Tube Overdrive
    Footswitchable effects loop
    Pre/Post EQ selectable XLR balanced Tube DI output
    Speakon™ and 1/4" extension cabinet outputs
    Front panel mute switch for silent tuning

Comes in head and combo form.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    They look cool, have you played one? Just posting the marketing blurb makes it feel like you work for them.

3. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    nope, dont think they are for sale yet. Just figured I'd share.

Yorkville has long been a name associated with reliablitly, power, and tone. I have teh XM200 and its a bad ass combo.

Figured a lot of Yorkie fans would dig the new tube preamp.

4. As much as i almost hate to admit it, Porkville has been pumping out some quality gear as of late. Buy Canadian!

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Somehow looks familiar :p

[​IMG]

6. They've never tried to be trend settiong..just durable and reliable. I suffered through so much of their gear when starting out when they were known as Traynor. Damn stuff would never break. Kinda have a fondness for it now....new stuff sounds darn good IMO. They are owned by Long& Mcquades here in Canuk-istan BTW.

7. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    Yorkville is the Canadian Peavey!!

and it looks better too :)

8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Am I reading this right? 400 watt combo? Oh dear...that's quite awesome. I'm a fan of the 112 100watt combo they have at the local music store, don't know the series though.

9. WOW! New Yorkville stuff. I played a Bass Master 200B for years and loved it. If I hadn't just bought a GK a few months ago, I would've liked to try one of these out.

10. Lue

Lue

Sep 30, 2003
    GK user ah, I went to Long&Mcquade Bloor in Toronto to hear this new XS400, it realy rocks, the tube realy gives a worm clean sound that is out of this world and the overdrive, well you gotta
    hear it. These guys did their homework check it out.....

11. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I just heard the amp at L&M. Holy crap guys, I can't believe the tones that are coming out of this little amp. Footswitchable overdrive with a wet/dry control? Who else but Yorkville would think of such a thing?

12. How much did it go for at L&M?

13. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Genz Benz, like 5 years ago.

14. Subculture13

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    They have the combo for $899 and the head only for $645. I tried the head with their 2x10 and 1x15, killer combination.

15. Thx renfield.

16. its pretty.Is that 645 canadian or american funds, I am assuming its american, but if it is canadian I am going to jump all over that.

17. I'm pretty sure it's Canadian. Yorkville stuff is excellent value up here in canada.

18. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

400 W combo for 450 us$ ? I don't think so.

19. You would be very surprised at how cheap some gear at long and mcquaid can be. It often rivals bass central etc. Its tom lee music that seems to have high prices in vancouver. Oh and the yorkville stuff is stupidly cheap usually.

20. Subculture13

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    The prices I gave were from the floor models in a Canadian music store, Long & Mcquade. I am sure a decent store in the US would have it for a similar price (factoring in currency conversion anyway)
    I looked at the current (for today) US to Canadian conversion and if that holds accurate then the 400 watt combo would run around the $675 range, and the head would be about $485. And yes, that's for real, Yorkville has typically always had one of the best bang-for-the-bucks. I am going to totally trade in my Bass Pod for their head.