Yorkville question for Canadian TBers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by complexprocess, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Hey guys,
    I'm wondering how much a Yorkville xs400h amp head costs out of a shop in Canada. I'm particularly interested in the price around the montreal area, because I live just south of the US border about an hour and a half from the city. If anyone knows the going price (in Canadian currency) off the top of their head, could you share? Thanks a bunch.

2. Harwedereyet

Apr 21, 2003
    I just bought one of these in Calgary, Alberta at Long & McQuade. 649.00 CDN but don't forget that in Quebec you will pay 15% tax with PST and GST (I'm assuming they still pay Provincial Sales Tax in Quebec... it's been 6 years since I left there).

So, 649.00 plus 15% tax.

You might do better with a US mail order place. Then again maybe not.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Ummm...if you check the yorkville.com site and look for local dealers, you should find a shop near you that will give you a good price...buy Canadian! Or, call the Ottawa Long & McQuade and see if they can arrange to ship you one.
  4. Yorkville Fans! TUBES!

Check out this thread. Circus in Alberta just bought one. I think he got it for $645. Perhaps you should PM him.
  5. Yggdrasil

Aug 16, 2001

Actually, no - if it is purchased in Ontario, for instance, both taxes must be charged.

If the retailer ships out of province, only GST; out of country, no tax.The retailer must be able to prove he shipped it.

But if it is physically delivered/picked up in the province, all applicable taxes are due, no matter what the place of residence demonstrated by the purchaser..

There is a refund process, as long as the item is properly declared at the border, but of course I've never done that.

Frank (in Toronto - & a PST & GST licensee, and have undergone audits from both tax branches)
  6. Thanks for all the info guys. I see that I'll have to do a little more research and then compare all the final numbers and see what my best bet is. Perhaps a friend of mine in Quebec will find one used and give it to me as a gift. :) They're certainly hard to find used around here, being newish and Canadian.
  7. Yeah i payed 649 + gst, (yay, no pst in alberta, yet...). It would be extremely hard to find used, like u said, being new and canadian, but is an amazing amp for the money. I payed 1385 in total with gst for the xs400 head and a 410 cab. GL!
  8. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    That applies to Quebec as well - I used to buy bike parts in Quebec (about 5 minutes from my house) and have the paperwork filled out at the shop to have it "shipped" to Ontario - for a flat $5.00 delivery fee - and never payed the tax - a bit of a scam, but everyone was happy....