Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville question for Canadian TBers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by complexprocess, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Hey guys,
    I'm wondering how much a Yorkville xs400h amp head costs out of a shop in Canada. I'm particularly interested in the price around the montreal area, because I live just south of the US border about an hour and a half from the city. If anyone knows the going price (in Canadian currency) off the top of their head, could you share? Thanks a bunch.

Scott

2. Harwedereyet

Harwedereyet

Apr 21, 2003
    I just bought one of these in Calgary, Alberta at Long & McQuade. 649.00 CDN but don't forget that in Quebec you will pay 15% tax with PST and GST (I'm assuming they still pay Provincial Sales Tax in Quebec... it's been 6 years since I left there).

So, 649.00 plus 15% tax.

You might do better with a US mail order place. Then again maybe not.

Later,

Glen

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Ummm...if you check the yorkville.com site and look for local dealers, you should find a shop near you that will give you a good price...buy Canadian! Or, call the Ottawa Long & McQuade and see if they can arrange to ship you one.

4. Yorkville Fans! TUBES!

Check out this thread. Circus in Alberta just bought one. I think he got it for $645. Perhaps you should PM him.

5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Aug 16, 2001
    Toronto/Buffalo

Actually, no - if it is purchased in Ontario, for instance, both taxes must be charged.

If the retailer ships out of province, only GST; out of country, no tax.The retailer must be able to prove he shipped it.

But if it is physically delivered/picked up in the province, all applicable taxes are due, no matter what the place of residence demonstrated by the purchaser..

There is a refund process, as long as the item is properly declared at the border, but of course I've never done that.

Frank (in Toronto - & a PST & GST licensee, and have undergone audits from both tax branches)

6. Thanks for all the info guys. I see that I'll have to do a little more research and then compare all the final numbers and see what my best bet is. Perhaps a friend of mine in Quebec will find one used and give it to me as a gift. :) They're certainly hard to find used around here, being newish and Canadian.

7. Yeah i payed 649 + gst, (yay, no pst in alberta, yet...). It would be extremely hard to find used, like u said, being new and canadian, but is an amazing amp for the money. I payed 1385 in total with gst for the xs400 head and a 410 cab. GL!

8. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    That applies to Quebec as well - I used to buy bike parts in Quebec (about 5 minutes from my house) and have the paperwork filled out at the shop to have it "shipped" to Ontario - for a flat $5.00 delivery fee - and never payed the tax - a bit of a scam, but everyone was happy....

DD