Yorkville Question.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The 0x, Sep 28, 2003.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I am considering buying a Yorkville XM-200T & a 115 extension cab. Will this be enough to compete with a 40 watt fender tube amp? My style is mainly The Who (who'da thunkit?), so the Fender is gonna be cranked. I also plan on running a SansAmp into the Yorkie to give it a litte grit. Will this be sufficient?
  2. I think it would be better to go w/ the 400 instead just in case.
  3. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I agree 400 would be better, just to be prepared for other loud situations, maybe get a 210 extention instead of two 15's. if thats too heavy get a head and two cabs!

I've heard that yourkville is nice stuff...
  4. chickbird

Apr 14, 2003
    I have the yorkie xm200t and the 15" extension. its loud enough to compete with a drummer and a guitarist. the six stringer uses a 120 watt crate amp....i think its a 2x12.

i never use the 15 for practice. by the way we play mostly blues and rock music.

how is that sansamp bbdi...i was thinking about getting one.
  5. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    I think that you'll certainly be able to get by with this setup and it'll be gig worthy as well. The BDDI will definitely enhance the tone of this rig. Sure the 400W amp would give you some extra juice, but the 200W 210+115 + BDDI will cover the bases adequately.

I've posted on this exact subject before....do a search...

BTW - I have the BM200 1x15 + BDDI as my backup amp and it's gotten me through lots of rehearsals and gigs.