Yorkville Reliability-do I need to worry?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Beefbass, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Hey guys, I'm going to order a new amp for Christmas on Friday.

Originally, I was going to get a Peavey Basic 112 to use in situations where tons of volume aren't needed.

Then I did some checking, and found for another 10 bucks, I can get a Yorkville XM100C from Gear one Music.

It looks like an excellent choice for several reasons;
    100 watts versus 50
    15" speaker versus 12" speaker
    The Yorkville weighs 46 pounds, the Peavey 44(meaning I can replace my 64 pound Fender BXR100 also.)This is good news for my sore back, and legs.

Here's the one thing though. I've been checking into reliability, and so far it seems that Yorkville is some of the most reliable gear out there. However, I was reading the threads about the XS808. There was talk about bad knobs/pots, and sloppy building in general.

Is this something I need to be worried about? Or do you guys think the Yorkville will prove to be reliable?

Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks! :hyper:
  2. i think overall you don't have to worry with yorky stuff. However every company will have some bad products make it out into the stores.
  3. I've had 2 heads from them and their studio speakers and I can say their stuff from my point of view is rock-solid.

In addition, their warranty is unbeatable, AND dealing with them is effortless. My monitors developed a rattle and since I bought them 2nd hand I wrote them an email asking how much it would be to ship them down and have the rattle fixed. To my surprise they told me to bring them in to my local music shop (who deals MUCH Yorkville) for free shipping AND they would be doing the repair for free. Since getting them back I've NEVER had the rattle again.

One VERY satisfied Yorkville customer here.

- Andrew