Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville sound files

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassbmx, Aug 31, 2005.

1. I'm looking to purchase either a YBA200 with the matching cab or the xs400t + the 1x15 or 2x10 cab. I play a bit of everything but mostly slap and funk. I don't know which setup would be best for what I'm playing so any help would be good. Also, is there antwhere to get sound files of the amps?

2. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    www.soundclick.com/singlemaltsolution

Badly self produced recordings, but 3 different Yorkie tones -

"Asea" - 2001 Gibson Thunderbird through the XS400H w/ the matching XC115 1x15 cabinet (mic'd with an AKG D112) as well as an old Fender BXR 4x10 cab (mic'd with a Shure PG52) blended with a direct signal from the Yorkie.

"The Mule" - 2003 Rickenbacker 4003 through the XS400H w/ the matching XC115 1x15 cabinet (mic'd with an AKG D112) as well as an old Fender BXR 4x10 cab (mic'd with a Shure PG52) blended with a direct signal from the Yorkie.

"Eternal Crime" - 1978 Rickenbacker 3001 simply direct with a completely dry "tube DI" signal from the Yorkville XS400H head.

I apologize in advance for the fidelity (NEVER let a drummer mix...or operate anything that plugs into a wall for that matter) but I think it's a decent representation of 3 different basses/tones through an amp that I absolutely love. BTW, I play with a pick - '70s rock style.

If you hate 'em don't blame Yorkville, blame me.

3. Thanks a lot for that. I'll check them out.

I know how bad drummers are with mixing. Won't blame you at all.