1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yorkville/Traynor XS400H question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by roadkill2309, Mar 4, 2008.

1. I just missed buying A Yorkville XS400H. I'd been e-mailing with the dude who had it on Craigslist, but apparently he sold it to someone else this morning. Which is too bad because at $375, the price was right, and I like everything I've read or heard about the head.

Okay, in a perfect world, I'd be able to afford an SVT 3 pro, but I think that for the price, the 400 is a good buy.

So, I'll keep my eyes out for another one, but in the meantime, do you guys know of anything similar without spending SVT 3 pro money?

2. ReidoT

ReidoT

Sep 9, 2007
    I got an XS800H for 500 on ebay, and it was definitely worth the money. unlimited headroom, the tube preamp sounds great and it has a ton of features. it's worth the bit more than you'd be spending on a 400 for the headroom if you ask me.

3. Hm. The 800, eh? I'm looking to get a 2x10 and maybe a 1x15 to run through it, just because most of the places I play are pubs and small halls Do you think an 800 would be overkill? It might be cool to get the extra overhead just incase I do start doing bigger venues. I mean, it's cheaper to buy a 4x10 than a 4x10 plus a head...

4. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Keep your eyes out for another XS400H....they pop up pretty frequently. I mistakenly got rid of mine on a trade for an amp I was extremely disappointed in. Expecting a replacement xs400 either today or tomorrow. Great amps at great prices. Plenty loud too...I can't imagine how loud the 800 is.

Hell, I should start a Yorkville club here!

I played one SVT III Pro in the past (the older red & blue script ones) & it didn't seem as loud or rich as the Yorkie.

Just one mans opinion though....

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Go ahead and start a Traynor Bass Amp Club! I'd join! ;)

6. Hey I'd join the club too!!

7. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do, though if an 800 pops up for a good price, I might jump on that instead.

Thanks guys.

8. superflybass

superflybass

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    there great