Yorkville Update

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gene Machine, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Gene Machine

Gene Machine

Mar 19, 2003
    Just some FYI.

I've been using and gigging with the Yorkville XM200t 2x10 combo, and it's been great.

low noise, lots of power, lots of tight punch. very wide range of different tones with the scoop controll. it's bullet proof too.

I've no affiliation with Yorkville, but I wish i did. they make great amps.

2. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I use the 210 with the 1x15 under it, run through a SANSAMP. Sounds great, IMO, and I love the flexability of adding the 1x15 (or not) depending on the room.
  3. Gene Machine

Gene Machine

Mar 19, 2003
    i was thinking of adding the 1x15 later. but honestly, don't think i need it now.

with drums i play on 4 and don't mike into the p.a. my amp pushes the room. (small room, but still...)

last night did a small gig at the town hall and was on 1-1/2

it's nice to know that if i need the push, i've still got lots.
  4. corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Those new ones are all tube, right? I've heard really good things. Canadian Marshalls, right? That's what they use to call them.
  5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The XM50C, XM100C, XM200/200T are all solid state combo amps.

The, XS400, XS400T (combo amps,) XS400H and XS800H (heads) are tube pre, solid state power section.

The YBA200 head is all tube.

Great variety to select from...and I prefer "Canadian Marshall" to "Canadian Peavey" I've heard previously! (no offense to Peavey lovers, just not my cup of tea personally!)
  6. Gene Machine

Gene Machine

Mar 19, 2003
    i also have a Traynor ycv40wr, and it is a solid guitar amp.

the drive channel is very useable, very marshall like. the clean sound is very fender like. again, a great amp. i got a good deal on it so i had to buy it...:rolleyes:

i love that company. great stuff, great tone.i would love to work for them....

7. corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Ahh, I was misinformed.That's a bummer that they don't make an all tube combo. That is a bit fo a quest and quite a tweak. Essentially, it comes down to a (discontiunued). Mesa Boogie Buster or a B-15 and either one is pretty major dough for a secondary amp to use on smaller gigs.
  8. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I have the XM200C, and I'd have to agree with you every step of the way!

I'm looking forward to adding a XC115C to this within a couple of months(you can add 2 of those to a XM200 amp-brings it to 2 ohms-bet it would sound killer!) :hyper: :bassist:
  9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I used an XM200T for several years. It's an awesome amp.
    Very appreciable : they go down to 2 ohms so you can plug any 4 or 8 ohm speaker to it as an extension.
  10. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I use the XS400 and love it. I rarely use it now as I normally use a SANSAMP PBDDI straight to the board, but when I need an amp it is a good one to use.
  11. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I used the 200 for a year or so. Great amp. Solid as a rock, dependable and you can get some good sounds out of it easily. Surprising amount of volume for the rated specs. Yorkville makes good stuff. You made a good choice.
  12. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    i have an old 90's 100B (Bassmaster 100) and i love it. It's got a lot of power for a 15" speaker and 100 watts. It's light and portable. It's my practice amp.
  13. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I've even been toying with the idea that of instead of getting an extension cab, maybe getting another XM200, and slaving the two together.
    I figure, that to get 300 watts out of my Combo 115, I'd have to add another cab. That would end up being two heavy pieces to carry to get that 300 watts.
    The XM200's are alot lighter, so if I'm gonna carry two pieces, might as well make it two pieces I can move myself. I also have a hand truck, so carrying them over a distance would be even easier.
    The other thing is, if God forbid one ever quit, there would still be another one.
    I could connect them one of two ways;
    Effects out of one into the return of the other

My Boss chorus has two outputs, so I could do it that way.

Maybe this time, I could try a XM200TC. I'll bet that would sound pretty cool along with the XM200, although I admit, I like 15's. Could be an interesting combo though.

Just for the record, IMHO the one amp I have now gets plenty loud, and seems to have some serious low end to it. What I found, is that if I boost the low mids a little, cut back on the high mids, and leave the scoop control off, this baby booms! :hyper:
  14. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    that sounds like a cool plan. I was thinking I could do this with my two Heads if I need more power, just run my other cabs with my other head!!:D
  15. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I saw over at Harmony Central where a guy who really liked the XM100 decided to run two stacked together, when he needed more power. It seems like doing this with the XM200 would be a pretty cool plan, when that much extra juice is needed.

Hey besides, later on, extension cabs could be added to both, making for a nice wall of sound......although I doubt that I'll ever have to go that far :hyper: