Yorkville vs SWR?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Triclops, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Yorkville xs800 with xc808cab vs SWR 700x and henry the 8x8
    do your homework,and post your opinions(honest)
  2. loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I own a Yorkie XS 400 head with a matching Yorkie 15" & an Avatar 2x10. I love it, but...

I find it hard to believe that it would beat out a REAL SWR (forget that "Working pro" stuff).
  3. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    both heads sound great, never played thru a Henry though...

BUT one thing to consider is that the XS800 has both tube and solid state preamps, which sound very different, both very nice. With the amount of controls it has (preamps, compressor, overdrive, scoop, etc etc) you can dial in any sound you want... it goes down to 2 ohms too

good luck man, I know when I get a new rig, the York will be first on my amp list :cool:
  4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    If you like Peavey, you'll like Yorkville.
  5. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I want a yorkville rig, however L&M in canada hates me, so I'l have to find another supplyer...any ideas?
  6. I'd choose the yorkville out of the two in question. Most definately.
  7. DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    I did A/B a Yorkville XS 800 head with an SWR 750 head on a Schroeder 410 cabinet...I thought the Yorkville was deeper, louder,had more tonal possibilities,went to 2 ohms (can't remember now if the SWR could or not)...and over all just had a warmer sound than the SWR through the Schroeder. By the way-you may want to listen to the Schroeder 410 before the other 2 cabs you mentioned...it will likely "Rule" as it has over other 8x10s(Ampeg and GK)...a 1400 watt cab with extremely efficient speakers,a unique cab baffle design that pushes your bass sound through the mix better than any other speaker cab I've ever heard out of a cab that weighs only 78 lbs. and is built like a tank with a 10 YEAR warranty...Think about it....Peace...DAcat...:D
  8. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    thx Da Cat !!! u rule! i'll check out schroeder for sure!