1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

YORKVILLE XC410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeyZ, Apr 19, 2009.

1. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    cucNi4ToV0ufrfeKlU5E_w.
    I'm considering this.
    For use with my Backline600?

What do you think? It's 500watts @8ohms I believe so that will split my 300 into 175 or so? Still, that gives me room to expand into a full stack if needed!

Opinions?

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi JoeyZ.

GK Backline 600 + Yorkville XC410 = You're off to a flying start! :)

Your choice of amp power to speaker power handling ratio is one I'd choose.

If you haven't read it already, fdeck wrote an interesting review of the Backline 600 (it's at the bottom of the page).

As for the Yorkie XC410? You can ask the folks here: Yorkville/Traynor Club?!

EDIT: If you do get the XC410 and decide to get a 2nd cab later, please consider getting another XC410 as opposed to a different cab with different sized speakers.

Why? Because two identical cabs will yield a more 'focused' sound (both cab's speakers will speak as one in the same manner).

Two dissimilar cabs (with different sized speakers) will often suffer from some degree of phasing problems caused by the fact that larger, heavier speakers react more slowly than smaller, lighter drivers do.