Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville XC808

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ndjx, May 7, 2005.

1. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Ok here's the deal:

I'm looking at getting an XS800H head and this cabinet. Now how would this setup perform against two full stacks with 5150s? We also play in drop C so can anyone comment on how the cabinet would perform in this tuning? Later I would plan on adding a Yorkville 1x15 under it as well.

Thanks!

2. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I frequently drop D tuning and it handles very well. I also heard great comments when using B string so it should not be a problem to going to C.

The fact you have 8 small speakers really divides the output and definition to have a punchy and very low end Tone. Never thought myself that such small speakers could produce that low end !!!

I also play with a a loud Band, and of course, another loud Drummer and I never had to push the Amp farther than 4.5. That 800 watts of power is great for the headroom !!!

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    What Turlu said...I use a dbx 120A Subharmonic Synth in my rig, and when I hit the low B, there is no farting out or loss of definition whatsoever. Holds things nice and even, through and through!