Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville XM200 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by txpitdog, Feb 11, 2006.

1. txpitdog

txpitdog

Jan 1, 2006
    Looking at a yorkville XM200 in either the 1x15 or 2x10. Eventually, I hope to get the other cab of whatever combo I get, but what are your opinions of what to get for now? I play a Warwick 5-string and MIJ P-bass.

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    IMHO, the XM200TC (painted cabinet is no longer in production) along with an XC210 sound really nice together (4x10 set up), so my vote is for a 2x10 combo first and then go for either an XC115XC or an XC210 extension...

3. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    My main rig is:

XM200TC
    XC115X

Run thorugh a SANSAMPBDDI.

Sounds great to me. It's versatile, inexpensive, loud, sounds great, pretty much easy to haul around and is built like a tank.

I gig every weekend, mostly through a PA. This rig is my stage monitor and, played on "3" is more power than I need.

I do a 2 piece acoustic bass/12 string gig, as well. I just leave the 1x15 @ home.

For me, 200 watts is all I personally will ever need. Adding the 1x15 has made my rig sound huge.

4. Depends on how long it will be to add the 1x15. You will probaly want your head unit on the top, and your largest drivers on the bottom, that way you would have the 210 combo on top, 115 on the bottom. But since you play 5 string the 210 alone might not be able to handle it. If you decide to go with the 115 combo now, and a second 115 later, that would work well.

5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

Hey, how do you think that XC210 would sound under a XM200 with a 15 in it? I'm still trying to decide whether to go for a XC115XC, or perhaps the XC210.

Input would be greatly appreciated, as I really love the way the Yorkville sounds! :hyper:

6. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Beg to differ, my friend.

When I practice at the store with my band and I don't feel like lugging my rig, or hauling a big rig upstairs, I always grab an XM200T if an XS400T is not available. I tried to use an XM200 (1x15) once...it wasn't my cup of tea (not as "tight" sounding as I like, too much woof, or boom...where's that glossary of bass sounds again???.)

I tune down a full step, the XM200T likes my low A string just fine, no worries there whatsoever.

7. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Glad you're loving the BassMaster stuff, more great stuff on the way!

I would put the 2x10 on top of the XM200, but I've done it the other way in the past as well...try both and see which way suits your tastes!

8. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
  9. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Oh, can't say just yet, but as soon as I can, TB will be the first to know!

If I'm not rehearsing, I just may show up @ your gig and check it out! Peace!