YORKVILLE xm200 vs xm200t

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Jul 14, 2004.

1. i have a i have a avatar 2x12 right now and a behringer 300watt head THE CAB IS 8 OHMS!!! so i am only pushing about 175 wattsd through it so it isnt realy loud. i am realy getting tired of moving the thing beacuse it is pretty heavy, but anyways i am thing of just selling the avatar and the behringer and getting one of the yorkville combos. i hear alot of you people say that it has the loudest 200watts you will ever hear, and it should work for me beacuse my amp was loud enuff in my band yes even at 175 watts i was really planing on buying another cab but the 2x12 alone was loud enough, i just wopuld rather have a combo. so what do you guys think would be better the xm200 or the xm200t if i want i can always add an extension but i dont realy want to would the xm be loud enough for a outdor gig????
  2. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I have the one with the 15". I love this thing so much :hyper: Its the best combo out there I say. loudness is perfect the low end amazing. I put it at 3 with a little low mid and my house shakes like a eathquake.

I'm planing on buying the 2X10 cabnit, just to have a little more ,in the future.

GO BUY!!!! NOW!!!! :hyper: :bassist: :hyper:
  3. i agree, the fifteen is better. i'm considering buying one and then letting my guitarist upgrade to my amp, lol.
  4. do you think that the 1x15 combo could compete against a 50 watt TUBE guitar amp and a loud drummer???
  5. it depends on the level of loudness of the drummer, so that might be a little difficult to estimate. i think that fifty watts would be trying to make a stretch to compete with something four times it's power, tube or solid state
  6. but dude you dont understyand that super reverdb that he has its 4x10 combo, it frekin loud i mean it realy is loud he usualy puts it at 6 or 7.
  7. than you gotta negotiate man, tht's a different subject altogether. if your guitarist is power happy, you need to sit him down and say for him to step the hell aside and let other people shine
  8. ok well can you maybe give me some examples on how loud it is like is it as loud as like maybe the swr 15 combo or the behringer bx1200 combo?
  9. sorry man, i don't do that much amp shopping, i wouldn't really know, and i'm still waiting to get this new amp after pushing it a little in the store i'm planning on buying from
  10. oh so you dont have the cab yet?
  11. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

KICKS its @$$!!!!!

15 only 100 something watta yorkville is 200 straight yo!!

If you put it the lows high and the highs lows the you don't need to hear it cause the hole block will feel the ground rumble to your groove.

Go to the store and try it out.
  12. none of the stores carry yorkville so i would have to risk it. but i am going to michigan and chicago, so there should be some i can try out, hopfully
  13. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    I played a show with the XM200T and it was great! REALLY loud. My guitarist is pretty loud... but my drummer is ridiculous, he just kills the drums... as loud as he can... and then he's like "man, I should get a louder drumset, doesn't the bass drum sound all quiet?" and then I'd vomit. but the point is, it's loud. Really loud.
  14. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    What about the peavey tnt 115? That thing is loud i put it at 9 oclock and my room shakes like crazy.....seriously like crazy wow loud. :bassist:
  15. i donno....I think that my amp was LOYAL, i mean it gets the job done, but after hearing a newer peavey, and then comparing it, it's just not worth it anymore to spend hours worth of time sitting in front of my amp plucking my E string to see if it sounds right. the Yorkville i once tried, tried playing with my fingers, it sounded smooth, tried playing with my pick, instant metal tone, that's why i fell in love with it. lol, my guitarist WILL get the crap end of the stick.
  16. i think i am going to stick with my setup i guess i will just get the avatar 2x10 in 8 ohm so them i will have a 2x12/2x10 300watt setup. this will give me many options, bring the 2x10 for small gigs-coffee houses ect, the 2x12 for medium sized gigs, and i can just slave the 2x12 and 2x10 together and convert it into 4ohms and turn into 300watts of power!!! i think this would be a better choice.
  17. I've tried the XM200 and the XM200T, and I liked the tone of the XM200 better. More lows. The best though, was the XM200T hooked up with a 1x15 cab. :bassist:
  18. and the sound of two fifteens was bad? was it too woofy?
  19. I don't know if that question was aimed at me, but I didn't have the chance to try that configuration. I guess it would work just fine, since the XM200 features a tweeter.
  20. Yes, without a doubt.