Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville XM200T vs BX3000T/Avatar 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tekhna, Dec 19, 2004.

1. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Any opinions?
    They come out to be about the same price, and the BX3000T would probably be more versatile if I want to change my rig up. I know I like the BX3000T, but I haven't had a chance to use the yorkville combo yet.
    Avatar is wonderful, as we all know.

2. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    +1 for the Behringer/Avatar route

Let the flames roar :D

- Ugly

3. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    i have a xm200t and it sounds great (but) w/ a 15 inch ext.
    cab it sounds better!!!! these are good little combo"s
    loudest 200 watt i have played (solid state) :bassist:

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    +2 for Yorkville!!!

5. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Make that 3 ;)

6. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    I've heard the Behringer live and for the $, it sounded damn good and loud! :eek:

7. krazy_olie

krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    I'm getting a Behringer and a LOUD 212 cab (think of it as an British/irish equivalent to avatar) probs in the next few months.
    Can't find yorkville stuf anywhere over here. Anyone know where i can find?

8. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    They're both great rigs, however....The BP review of the Avatar says that there is some break up when bottom-feeding with a 5 string (my words). This may or may not be relevant in your playing situation. I have the Yorkville 2 X 10 and have been happy with it so far. Enjoy!

Riis

9. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

Hmmm, have you played the yorkville with a 5 string?
    Any percieved issues there?
    I really need to hear the yorkville, but the Behringer head sounds really good to my ears, which is unfairly putting it in favor. At the moment, the yorkville just seems so damn convinient.

10. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Yes, four of my five basses are 5 bangers. The XM200 handles the entire range quite nicely. I bought mine primarily for practice but have since used it in larger venues (line out to board). Yes, it was / is very convenient. The local music store had it new in the carton for $425, it only weighs 60 lbs or so, and the salesclerk put it in my truck for me...cause I am old and infirmed.

11. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I used my Behringer BX3000T on a gig the other night with an Aguilar GS112 and it was WAAAAY underpowered. The Clip light was blinking all night and it was not handling the low notes whatsoever. Maybe if it was running a 4 ohm load, it would have been OK. as it stands, my Behringer BX3000T is a graet rehearsal space amp, but underpowered for Live applications.

12. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    My 5 string Spector sounded good with both the 1x15 and 2x10 combos...no worries there man, it sounds amazing...

13. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Make that 4! :hyper:

I just got the XM200C. It really is an amazing sounding amp. My BXR 100 doesn't even come close to this thing tone wise.

Never heard the Behringer. But consider this; the Yorkville has a two year unlimited warranty(10 on the wood enclosure.) According to Yorkville, all you need is your original receipt, and your amp gets fixed free of charge.

Based on the tone and the warranty, I'd recommend the Yorkville. :bassist:

14. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    One more for Yorkville... I love mine!

15. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Ok, one for the Behringer even though I don't own one. The Yorkies sound as if they are fantastic amps and probably are. I have heard the Behringer in a very large, ancient disco turned punk review building. The bassist threw his tone through the BX3000T and an old 2x15 cab. The building shook with tone with absolutely no PA support. I was impressed enough that I went to the stage to see what he was using. To my suprise it was the Chinese made, $200.00, Behringer head. Plus many documented reviewers have raved about this head. But, don't try and email the comapany unless you expect absolutley no response.

16. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    I have a Yorkville XM200T it has 2 10s in it I only used my only P-bass on it and it is solid.... Never had the opportunity to hook up an extention yorkville 15" cab in it though... Someone offered me 2 10s cab of GK's and im wondering if i should use that as an extention... hmmm...

17. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    By the way the Yorkville are like really really heavy to carry hahaha... But Im small like 130 pounds and not that strong haha..

18. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Why not...go for it!

19. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    BUT will it sound better than a yorkville 15? I need the clarity of the super lows... hmm unless you guys know for that those GKs are better for that purpose.

Note... When I go over about volume of 5 and bass is at about 7 i think it can't handle that...(THATS PRETTY LOUD)...
    But the highs are full and clear... Im going to test it again to make sure...

20. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    I'd have to say use your ears...but I won't use anything bigger than a 10 in my fretted rig, or a 12 in my fretless rig, so you can guess my answer...

When you say "can't handle it", what do you mean? distorting? Loss of definition?