Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville Xm200TC question 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Ok if I where to hook up my new bass amp up to my sound card?, All I have to do is plug the xlr cable in to my mic port correct? Then go head pop in a boomy movie correct?

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    yes the xlr/di connection or headphones connection. I'd probably start with headphone to make sure not to overload the sound card. of course with the headphone connected you can't hear the internal speaker.

what did you mean by "boomy movie"??

3. I mean like Id4, Or MIB lot of boom from fire balls or explosions, and so forth.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    oh, do you mean to use it as a subwoofer? just use your guitar. if you want a subwoofer check out sunfire "true subwoofer" ...
    [​IMG]

5. I know you are trying to help me, and I very much appreciate it, but I want to kill 2 birds with one stone, you catch my meaning bro?

6. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I'm sorry, but I don't think it would work too well, but let us know...:eyebrow:

7. Will do By the way, You're talking to a computer nerd / bassist lol.

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    If you're looking for output FROM the amp, use the DI output.

If you're looking for a way to send sound THROUGH the amp, then i'd use the effects return jack, bypassing the preamp and the front panel controls.

For option B, I'd just get a set of 2.1 speakers though...

9. I got a 5.1 surround sound system with a blown sub but the amp still works, So basicully this is what I wanted to do, Basicully to turn the new amp in to a duel use amp that can kill 2 birds with one stone you know?

10. I used to hook up my SWR WM12 combo amp to my computer - on my Sound Blaster sound card I used the "front" stereo output to my stereo computer speakers and connected the "rear" stereo output into an stereo/mono adaptor into the input of the amp. Slightly turn up the bass EQ and turn off the mid and treble EQ.

11. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Then you want one of the inputs, not the output from the XLR connection.

12. Ok nice, thanks guys, Man I caint wait shes out for dilivery.