Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yorkville xs200tc and the yorkville xs400t

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_extremes, Feb 20, 2006.

1. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    Hey everyone lately ive been wanting to get my hands on a yorkville xs400t. but I live in a small town and the store will only bring in the xs200tc(200watt 2X10 combo) but I want to get the xs400t so I was wondering. is the xs400t pretty much the same as the xs200tc besides having a bigger power section and a tube input stage. Bassically what I want to know is would the xs400t sound the same as he xs200tc except it would be louder and have a tube input stage. Also could you tell me what you think about these combos?

2. i've tried the xs400 combo and the xs400t, prefering the 2x10. if i were looking for a combo i would definately purchase these, they are great! loved the sound and i could get just about anykind of tone i wanted. and you gotta love having both tube and solid-state at your finger tips!
    but since i'm looking for a rig, i guess i'll just get the head seperate.

P.S.i've heard in a couple reviews that you don't get the full 400 out of the combo initially... you need to add an extension cab for the full 400, if so i'd get the 2x10 combo and then add a 15" cab. not sure about this so don't quote me, just check into to it yourself. other then that, awesome amps from an awesome company. Canadian too! bonus!

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Hold out for the 400. It has more power and better eq and features.

The 200 is a very good amp and will even handle small to medium rooms depending on volume, and will also permit the use of an extension cab. But, if you can afford the 400 it's a much better way to go, and with an extension cab you'll get the full 400 watts which should be enough for any sane volume. The power without an extension will be sufficient for most anything. Get the 210 model.

4. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    yeah I want to get the 400 I was wondering if the xs200 sounds similar because I can test a 200 but I cant test a 400.

5. sorry, never heard the xs200, but the xs400t would likely be along the same lines. if you do order it, you can always send it back if you don't like. personally i really liked that combo. good luck

6. can't say i've tried the 200, but I had a loaned xs400 (15") and I really liked it. So much that I bought the xs800 head.

7. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    No, only somewhat in the flat clean sound. The 400 has more EQ options, a gutsy overdriven sound and tons more power. I used the 200 for some time for live gigs and it was very good, but if I wanted to carry the weight of such a sized combo I'd have gone for the 400 which wasn't out in its present form then.

I use a Walkabout Scout now which is all I need. But the Yorkville bass gear is very good and I like it a lot. I've used the 400 a few times when it was supplied as the backline and it was great.

8. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005