1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yorkville XS400C V XS400TC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shambles39, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Shambles39

Shambles39

Apr 23, 2006
    So I'm new here, been reading for a while but decided to join, been playing for 3 years or so now, so hey to everyone.

I tried the XS400 1 x 15" the other day in L&M and liked it, but I've heard it can get a bit sludgy at a distance, where as I only tried it up close, seemed nice and deep though. I also tried the 2 x 10" and it seems it could be more effective in a bar/club enviroment, seeing as it's a bit more focused?

So just wondering what people's opinions are really, how do they measure up with a band in front of them? Is there much of a difference between them?

Thanks

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I haven't had a chance to try the 400 with 1-15 at a distance, but I did with the 200. At a distance beyond about 15 feet and at a fairly loud volume, the 2-10 is more articulate. The 15 seemed just a bit muddy. I went with the 200 and in live use wasn't disappointed.

Usually I prefer a 1-15 over a 2-10. I don't need to slap, tap, pop or get a nasal Jaco tone.

You'll be pleased with either amp I'm sure. Yorkville is making a good name for itself and it's well deserved I think.

I'd still be playing the XM200 if I didn't have to worry about the weight. Mine certainly lived up to my expectations in live gigging.